Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Service for Intel(R) Graphics Command Center (igccservice) blocks TCP port 808 for other WCF applications

DSanc35
Novice

After Installing the latest Windows driver for my Intel UHD Graphics 630 Device to Version 27.20.100.8280 I realized, that our Business Software which is based on Windows WCF no longer works as expected.

When installing your driver software package, a windows service application named OneApp.IGCC.WinService.exe is installed, which is also WCF based and comes with a non customizable .config file.

Within the config file, you define a net.TCP Binding without Port-Sharing on the default port (808), thus leading other software that also rely on WCF net.TCP bindings using the same port to stop working. This is not very nice.

In my opinion there are two alternatives:

1. Make the config file costumizable so that the port sharing of the net.tcp binding can be configured to be used

2. Use another port when you don't like the idea of port sharing.

Using the default port and not using port-sharing disables any other software that relies on the cooperative net.tcp port sharing mechanisms.

10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Thank you for reporting this. We'll see it gets to the developers.

...S

DSanc35
Novice

I reported this issue also to the MSDN WCF forum, their answer was that all applications using the default port should enable port sharing.

For more information about port sharing they supplied the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/wcf/samples/net-tcp-port-sharing-sample

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello DSanc35,

Thank you for your response and the additional information provided.  

We will do further research and update this thread as soon as possible. 

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello DSanc35,

I would like to provide an update on this thread.

I would like to inform you that the Intel Graphics Command Center development team is currently investigating this behavior.

A fix is in the works and it is going to be introduced via a future driver update.

Intel suggests keeping drivers up to date and please keep checking downloadcenter.intel.com for news and updates.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
jgharris
Beginner

can we get any information on this issue for tracking? 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello DSanc35,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let me know if you need more assistance.  

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
DSanc35
Novice

Dear Esteban,

thank you for the information, that the issue is beeing processed.

I tried the latest driver update from the page you indicated (Version 27.20.100.8336 from 6/26/2020), but the issue is the same with that version.

I strongly hope, that the next driver update will fix this behaviour.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello jgharris,

Intel suggests keeping drivers up to date and please keep checking downloadcenter.intel.com for news and updates.

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello DSanc35,

Thank you for your understanding.

That is correct the future release for this driver should have the fix for this behavior.

As previously stated the appropriate team is working on it.

I would suggest keeping drivers up to date and please keep checking the following website for future updates:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics

That being said, we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I just want to inform this issue should be resolved with driver 27.20.100.8783 or newer

If you install said driver and yet continue to experience the problem please attach the DxDiag.txt and report from Intel Graphics Command Center.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.