Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20836 Discussions

Short black screen

Bronthor
Beginner

Hello,

Making a thread here because I’ve been having some serious troubles with my Intel graphic drivers recently especially the “30.0.101.2079”, my gaming notebook is a MSI Katana GF 76 and intermittently I’m noticing a flickering black screen on my notebook only. It’s really short and usually last between 1 and 2 secs, They happened usually 1 or 2 times a day I’m displaying on both my notebook and an external screen connected through HDMI. 

I’ve been seriously battling with the MSI support and the only solution that worked for me was to revert to approved MSI drivers and cut off the Windows update, more precisely the 30.0.100.9955 intel graphic driver and the  NVIDIA Graphics Driver 462.21 for my CG. I’ve been staying on these drivers since then and I didn’t notice anything. The notebook is working fine.

For me it’s definitely a Software issue despite what MSI is telling me, I’ve been thinking about sending the notebook to a repair center to be sure but I would like to have your opinion on the matter. I’ve been noticing some similar cases while browsing your forums.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Bronthor,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I could see that we have created another thread where you are currently being assisted, please kindly refer to that thread for more updates on this behavior.   

Thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-graphic-drivers-troubles/m-p/1544124#M124788

In this case, I will proceed to close this thread to avoid duplication of effort and the support will continue through the other post. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos