Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Simple Question about OpenCL compatibility with Mac and Linux

idata
Employee

I have both a Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3667U and a Intel Ivy Bridge Core i7-3720QM on Mac OS 10.8.2 and Windows7 Home Edition SP1 respectively. I am interested in benchmarking some sample OpenCL applications, unfortunately the set of applications that I am wanting to bench mark can only be used on Mac and Linux platforms.

I know that the 3rd-Generation Ivy Bridge processors feature the Intel HD Graphics 4000 which has OpenCL capabilities but unfortunately when I do a device check on my Mac platform, it only lists the CPU processor itself as the only device rather than the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics controller as a separate device.

Is there anyone familiar with OpenCL programming with the Intel HD Graphics 4000, specifically on a Mac or Linux platform that can inform me on what the issue may be and if additional drivers may be needed to enable the OS to view the graphics controller as a separate device for OpenCL computing.

Thank you._Gr

0 Kudos
1 Reply
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Blake,

In regards to your Apple* system, you will need to consult them for assistance with any issues/inquiries you have on their products. Is your Linux system a PC? Or is it also on the Apple*?

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos