Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21068 Discussions

Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.

Ikhtiander
Beginner

I'm failed to run Intel DSA with message : 

Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.

My OS is Windows 10 ver 21H2

my browser is :

- Chrome Version 112.0.5615.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

- Edge Version 112.0.1722.58 (Official build) (64-bit)

0 Kudos
15 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Ikhtiander.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forum.

I will move your thread to the community section for DSA, and one of my colleagues will contact you back as soon as possible.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® DSA, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, try the following steps to try to fix this issue: 

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running. 
    1. In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. 
    2. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start. 
  2. Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending. If yes, restart the system after the updates are installed. 
  3. Clear the browser cache and close the browser. 
  4. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage. 
  5. If the previous steps didn't work, uninstall the Intel® DSA using the IDSA Uninstaller and test it again. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander    

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Ikhtiander
Beginner
  1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running. 
    1. In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. 
    2. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start. 

The service has been running and still DSA can't running well

2. Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending. If yes, restart the system after the updates are installed. 

all updates has been installed and still DSA can't running well

3. Clear the browser cache and close the browser. 

Browser cache from both chrome and edge have been cleared and still DSA can't running well

4. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage. 

I don't have Ad Blocking extension on both Chrome and Edge

5. If the previous steps didn't work, uninstall the Intel® DSA using the IDSA Uninstaller and test it again. 

I have try uninstall using IDSA uninstaller and reinstall again using latest DSA installer but 

still DSA can't running well

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander  

Thank you for the information provided. 

In that case, please provide us with the DSA folders (you can find here the steps to get them) and an Intel SSU report so we can investigate this: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Ikhtiander
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

please find requested data as attached

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander  

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will do some research on this. As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander  

Thank you for your time. 

Our developers said the issue seems to be related to the IDSA service, could you please provide us with the Event Viewer logs of your system so we can continue investigating? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Ikhtiander
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn,

please find requested data as attached

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander

Thank you very much for the information provided. 

We will continue investigating now. As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander  

Thank you for your time. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience but, unfortunately, the event log doesn't have a log of information. Is it possible for you to provide us with the following logs so we can check them out? 

1. C:\Windows\Temp logs (there should hopefully be an Intel directory in this folder) 
  2. Browser Console logs from a session where the client attempts to scan their machine but gets an error. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander   

We hope you are great. 

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Ikhtiander   

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Ikhtiander
Beginner

Hi Jocelyn, sorry I missed your message

1. C:\Windows\Temp logs (there should hopefully be an Intel directory in this folder) -- Please see attached
  2. Browser Console logs from a session where the client attempts to scan their machine but gets an error.  -- please attached

let me know if more information required

I also have another PC that Intel SUpport Assistant are working normally, can we use it for comparison ?

0 Kudos
alpaca
Beginner

I had the same problem. What eventually was my fix was this. I have a windows p.c. so I used the edge browser, but I had to turn off every extension. No other browser I use worked and no extensions that I use were allowed. I do use Nord Vpn and I did not have to turn that off. 

0 Kudos