Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Stuck in 10.18 HD Update driver,

ylo3
Beginner

It seems like the 15 + driver is being installed but nothing changes (also, the driver version stays the same ).

driver 15+ is very important for me because I want to play some games on 4:3 stretched, something that is actually fixed on 15+ driver (right now it is not, and i have to play with black bars)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello ymolo,

Could you please let us know what's the driver version you're trying to download and your graphics controller?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ylo3
Beginner

Hello, sorry for not providing enough info:

My laptop is an Asus R751LB ,

Windows10

Nvidia Geforce 740M

I5-4200u

8 GB RAM

750 GB hard disk.

my current driver version is : 10.18.15.4279. Which currently does not support stretched 4:3, after searching I found out that there is a new driver version 15.XXXXXXXXX (it is 15 if i am not mistaken) for windows 10 that does solve the stretching problem. It is true that If i right click my Intel HD driver (from device manager) and I select "update" it i can find a new driver and it actually takes time to download and install it, then prompts me to restart my computer. After that my computer remains the same driver version. The same thing happens when I try with Intel Driver update utility, it searches for updates in my drivers. It DOES find a 15.XXXX driver, downloads it, installs it, then I restart my computer and i am still in the same driver version. (10.18.15.4279)

Here is a screenshot from Intel Driver Update Utility:

0 Kudos
ylo3
Beginner

*bump* since i still have not found a solution to this problem

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Have you tried installing the driver manually? In case you haven't try here is the link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81497/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4400 for 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, you will be able to chose between latest versions and you can follow these http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers — How to Manually Install a Driver in Microsoft Windows 8* or Windows 8.1*.

What's the version of the driver on your Device manager? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
ylo3
Beginner

Yes I have tried updating it manually. The version I see in device manager is 10.18.15.4279.

I've also tried uninstalling the 10.18 driver and installing the 15.XX driver through the device manager.

After installing the 15.XX driver the version that I see in the device manager is 10.18, how is that even possible this is driving me insane (I had internet disabled through this process to avoid windows installing the driver on their own)

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

The last four digits of the downloaded driver will indicate the same driver version you could compare 10.18.15.4279 and the 15.40.7.64.4279. Drivers are often referred to by either build number or driver version. For example, the driver you currently have installed on your system is driver version 10.18.15.4279 and a build number 4279. For more driver build information, please visit the following webpage: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-020667.htm Graphics Drivers — Understanding The Intel® Graphics Driver Version Number.

When you updated the driver did the build version (last four number) change or continues to be .4279?

Regards.

0 Kudos
ylo3
Beginner

It remains 10.18.15.4279.

So the build version did not change.

I tried uninstalling and installing my intel drivers all over again (without Internet) and it keeps installing 10.18.15.4279 for some reason.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

At this stage, it seems like your system takes drives only from your computer manufacturer. This is because the V-BIOS is locked by ASUS. Additionally, it might be an issue with Windows registry and you may need to reinstall the operating system or run System Restore.

Regards.

0 Kudos