Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20677 Discussions

The Sims 3 not launching on Intel Arc A750

patrick_spieler

Although this is probably not a high priority, it would be nice to see The Sims 3 working on Intel Arc. There is a large community still playing the third game despite all its technical challenges, which might also make it harder to get playable on Arc.

I use an Arc A750 and have the latest Beta Driver (31.0.101.4148).

I try playing the Steam Version of Sims 3.

It starts the launcher, but when trying to start the game from there it waits a moment and then everything is closed and Steam shows, The Sims 3 is no longer running.

On earlier drivers I also tried the EA Launcher Version of The Sims 3 and starting the .exe dircetly (with or without compatability modes).

The game was working on Windows 11 before with my GTX 970.

Any ideas or help is welcome!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
patrick_spieler

I have found the solution and to my suprise it is not an Arc (drivers) issue!

The Sims 3 has problems with Intel Alder Lake CPUs. There is a patch however. So that's not on Intel!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/11057820

Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello patrick_spieler

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing issues when trying to play The Sims 3 on your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. Please share with us the following information to assist with this issue:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
patrick_spieler

Hello Hugo,

better late than never, so here we go:

• Resizeable Bar is active.
  • See both the log file and a short clip of the issue attached.

Best regards

Patrick

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello patrick_spieler

Thank you for the information. Please let's try the following:

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
patrick_spieler

Thanks for the ideas. However, the issue still persists. There's also no change to what happens.

0 Kudos
patrick_spieler

I have found the solution and to my suprise it is not an Arc (drivers) issue!

The Sims 3 has problems with Intel Alder Lake CPUs. There is a patch however. So that's not on Intel!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/11057820

Thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion!

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello patrick_spieler

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.