Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 Discussions

The computer uses HDMI to connect to the TV, HDR cannot be used

wwrczz
Beginner

Hi!My computer uses HDMI to connect to an LG monitor, with a setting of 10 bits and 4:2:0 to turn on HDR. However, when I also connect to a TV, there is no HDR setting, indicating that HDR is not supported. However, my OLED TV is certain to support turning on HDR, and I ran DxDiag. Could you please help me see how to resolve this issue? Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wwrczz
Beginner

Intel graphics card control center system diagnosis

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, wwrczz.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

I appreciate you for providing the full specifications of your system. I understand that the issue is with HDR that is not being recognized or enabled on your OLED TV despite it supporting HDR. Motherboard or laptop must meet the requirements since the High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology is embedded in the integrated graphics controller (iGPU).

I noticed from the logs you provided that you're utilizing an HDMI connection. Could you specify the HDMI version you're using (e.g., HDMI 1.4, HDMI 2.0, HDMI 2.0a, etc.)? This information will assist us in identifying any potential compatibility issues. It's worth noting that High Dynamic Range (HDR) functionality, which significantly enhances both contrast and color ranges, is only supported on configurations with DisplayPort (DP) and HDMI 2.0a. 

Additionally, it seems that the Arc graphics driver version for your GPU is outdated. Please ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for both your Intel® UHD Graphics 730 and Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics. Outdated drivers can potentially lead to compatibility issues with HDR.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

The system report shows that the TV is detected as HDR capable, but the PC side diagnoses HDR as unavailable. This could indicate that the manufacturer Maxsun did not consider the components that would be necessary for HDR transmission on this motherboard from the processor to the HDMI port. You should contact Maxsun for information about this.

System Manufacturer: Maxsun

System Model: MS-TZZ H610ITX 2.5G

BIOS: 5.24 (type: UEFI)

Processor: 12th Gen Intel Core i3-12300T

Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 730

Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Monitor Model: Skyworth TV

Monitor Id: SKY0001

Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported)

0 Kudos