Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

There is no GMM for me

XPelk
Beginner

So I was trying to fix the amount of dedicated video ram and i was told to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\GMM but for some reason I dont have that GMM in there. I checked every single thing in it and its not there. Its windows 7 like the person has it in this other discussion here but like I said I dont have it and I'm having the same problem as the guy second to the bottom so could someone please help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Xanderp: Thank you for joining the Intel® communities support.

If the amount of dedicated video ram is changeable then it can be changed in the BIOS, in this case, for more details and help in doing so, we recommend to get in contact directly with either your system manufacturer, or the motherboard manufacturer so they can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
XPelk
Beginner

Well I did find the BIOS settings and stuff BUT I can only change the vram down not up. The vram is set to 128mb and the other settings are 64mb and 32mb. Also the graphics card is really a problem because the game I'm trying get the vram up is Destiny 2, and the graphics card keeps crashing and it's saying that it's a windows 8 graphics card NOT a windows 7 graphics card so how do I fix that? It's an Intell graphics card so it's from this compan.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Xanderp: There is no way to preset this to a specific value, users can only limit the maximum memory that it can take. This option is usually available in BIOS.

The settings users can modify most of the times are 128 MB, 256 MB and maximum DVMT.

Setting other values depends on the motherboard or system manufacturer and the amount of RAM installed on the computer.

The Graphics Proccessing Unit (GPU ) does not have a dedicated memory; it uses shared memory that will be allocated automatically.

Additionally, please check this table under the following section: What is the maximum amount of graphics memory or video memory my computer can use in Windows 10? > Intel® HD Graphics 5000/4600/4400/4200:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

The current Video RAM can be confirmed by checking the information about Dedicated Memory under the Display Devices section in the DxDiag report.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos