Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASter8
Beginner

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

Hello, i have a lenovo Thinkpad with an i7-7500U inside and have tried to update the graphics driver via the links provided here : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/95451/Intel-Core-i7-7500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3-50-GHz... 

However the installation allways fails with the following message : 

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

What is the Windows version installed on your laptop? This driver supports only 64bit versions of Windows 10. Release 1709 and above.

Leon

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Part of your problem is that you are using drivers from the Intel site. When we are talking about a laptop, you should *always* be using drivers supplied by your laptop manufacturer. You should only be using drivers from the Intel site if your laptop manufacturer says that it is ok to do so. Much of the time, the graphics driver will have been modified to support unique features of the hardware design (brightness controls, etc.). This is almost guaranteed to be the case if the laptop has hybrid graphics (i.e. has an NVIDIA or AMD graphics solution as well as the Intel graphics solution). In these cases, installing the generic drivers from the Intel site will remove or break features and will typically block the ability to switch between the two solutions. This will result in poor battery utilization, could prevent protected media from being played on the laptop, etc. Bottom line, don't do it.

...S