Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Tomb Raider Clasicos y Level Editor Levels Problema Texturas

ArthurWest87
Beginner

Buenas tardes,

Tengo un problema con los Tomb Raider clasicos (1,2,3, 4 y 5) especialmente con e Tomb Raider 4 y los niveles de Autor, pues siempre he ejecutado estos juegos con otras tarjetas de Intel y no me han dado nunca ningún problema.

En este caso, hace un mes que adquirí un PC nuevo (MSI Katana) con grafica Intel integrada (adjunto datos de la misma) y al iniciar el juego las texturas se cargan de forma incorrecta, lo que supone que al iniciar la partida el juego no se ejecute y se produzca un crash y deje de funcionar.

He desechado la posibilidad de que sea por el sistema operativo o la configuracion del juego, pues he probado con el mismo sistema operativo (Windows 11 Home) y la misma configuración en otro PC con otra gráfica de Intel (más antigua) y funciona perfectamente.

Solicito por favor, me ayuden a solventar dicho problema, ya que son videojuegos a los que juego mucho.

Un saludo.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics eligible.

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Is this issue happening with other games?

2. Can you confirm if the game is using Nvidia or Intel graphics?

3. Have you tried the MIS drivers?

4. Are you using an emulator to run the games?

5. Are launching the game from steam, Epic, or another launcher?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ArthurWest87
Beginner

Hello,

I answer your questions:

1. Does this problem occur with other games?

This problem occurs with Tomb Raider 1,2,3 The Last Revelation and Tomb Raider Chronicles (All Steam and original) and TRLE.net Author Levels, fan made levels with the Tomb Level Editor Raider The Last Revelation.

2. Can you confirm if the game uses Nvidia or Intel graphics?

Tomb Raider 1,2 and 3 do not recognize the Intel driver. Tomb Raider The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles, and Author Levels, they identify the Intel driver, but the same problem occurs.

3. Have you tried MSI drivers?

Right, that was the first thing I did.

4. Are you using an emulator to run the games?

Not at the beginning.

5. Are you launching the game from Steam, Epic, or another launcher?

Steam, and the original executables. I have tried both, and in both cases the same thing happens.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ArthurWest87
Beginner

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

have you tried DXVK? It might solve that issue right away.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like to investigate this behavior internally and to continue I will need the following information:

1. Provide the report from the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU):

2. Just to have a better view of the issue, can you send a video where we can see more about the issue?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ArthurWest87
Beginner

Hello,

I attach the requested information/videos.

Tomb Raider 4 and 5 doesn't start. Tomb Raider 1 works in MS.DOS, works "correctly" at the moment.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

In order to continue with the investigations, I will need you to confirm the following information:

1. Can you take a screenshot of the error when the game crashes if there is one?

2. Can you take another video, maybe using a different format with the Intel® Graphics Command Center? When I try to open the videos that you share, I get an error.

3. Can you disable Xe graphics and just test with the Nvidia card? 

4. When the game crashes do it show any error or does it just close?

5. Please check with MSI to confirm that you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ArthurWest87
Beginner

Hello, I confirm the information as requested:

1. Can you take a screenshot of the error when the game crashes if there is one?

There is no error, the game closes without any error.

2. Can you take another video, maybe using a different format with the Intel® Graphics Command Center? When I try to open the videos that you share, I get an error. I have recorded the videos with everything that happens, nothing else happens.

3. Can you disable Xe graphics and just test with the Nvidia card?

No, first I can't select Nvidia card, I bought the computer with Intel Xe graphics and I want to use it, I don't understand why I have to use another graphics card.

4. When the game crashes do it show any error or does it just close? The game just closes.

5. Please check with MSI to confirm that you have the latest BIOS version installed.

Confirmed. I have the latest BIOS version installed.

I am waiting.

A greeting.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thanks for the confirmation. I will continue with the investigation and I will get back to you as soon as I have any information for you.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thanks for your patience. Just to confirm I would like to know if have tried with the driver's version .3790 or the BETA version.

If have not, please test these versions and let me know the outcome:

1. Version .3790:

2. BETA version:

Clean install steps:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ArthurWest87
Beginner

Hi!

I try it, same problem, doesn´t work...

A greeting!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87,  

I reviewed your post, please let me know if the issue was resolved, if not, do not hesitate, just reply back.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thanks for the confirmation. Allow me to keep investigating this issue with the Tomb Rider games. As soon as I have any details I will get back to you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

I would like to let you know that we have tested Tomb Raider 1 and Last Revelation but, we did not get any issues with these games.

In order to make sure that we are following the right steps, please take a video where we can see the resolution setting, color depth, ask well as the issue happening.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ArthurWest87
Beginner

Hello again!

Tomb raider 1, as I told you, works because it's an MS-DOS-based game. The games that don't work are from Tomb Raider 2 to Tomb Raider 5.

I attach the videos of the games and their configuration as you have requested.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thanks for the confirmation and the videos sent, this will help to continue with the investigation. I will get back to you as soon as I have any details pr results for you.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ArthurWest87, 

Thanks for your patience. I would like to let you know that we have tried to replicate this issue on the 11th and 13th gen with the same configuration as you.

Also, we have not received any internal reports for Tomb Raider, so this is not a common occurrence. This looks like an app issue, I recommend you check with the app developer for support.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos