Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20728 Discussions

Triple monitors not working with Intel HD 4000 on Lat E6430

RMaxw2
Beginner

I have a Latitude E6430 running Windows 7 connected to a Dell E-Port Plus Replicator PR02X. I have a ViewSonic VA2431wm 24" and a Acer V226HQL 22" display connected to the dock using the Dell DisplayPort / Display Port to DVI Video Adapter Cable Converter - 023NVR. The laptop doesn't have the NVIDA card installed only the Intel HD 4000 graphics card.

I have tried various configuration but I cannot get both monitor to stay active once the laptlop is open (and its monitor is active). After I closed the laptop then both monitors are active again. Based off of the information from Intel regarding the Intel HD 4000 graphics card, I should be able to run all 3 displays without error. I have updated my graphics card driver to veriosn 9.18.10.3165.

I have included my dxdiag and screenshot of my Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. The below post (same issue) has been very helpful yet the issue was still not resolved.

/thread/42632?start=0&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/42632?start=0&tstart=0

obil

0 Kudos
31 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello s60088g,

Please note that when using HD 4000 it is must to have two DP outputs or monitors and then either WiDi, VGA, DVI, HDMI or embedded display to have the 3 display configuration.

At this point, this chart can be confusing with the information it shows so I am going to send this to the corresponding department so they can modify it as soon as possible.

This is the reason why you are having problems setting this configuration with the hardware you have.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
SG10
Beginner

So then are you saying that even though I do have multiple ports on my laptop, VGA & HDMI, I cannot have multiple monitors simply because of of the graphic card type?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

In order to setup a 3 display monitor configuration on HD 4000/2500 it is necessary to have two DPs as minimum.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
SG10
Beginner

What are two DPs? Two display ports? I have two display ports......VGA, HDMI, and USB. Please explain more if you can.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi s60088g,

DP stands for Display Port. Please refer to the following link to get more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

This should be the configuration for triple display when using HD 4000:

DisplayPort + DisplayPort+ VGA or HDMI or DVI or WiDi or Embedded Display(LVDS)

I am sorry for the confusion.

Kevin m

0 Kudos
SG10
Beginner

Thanks, I know what the display port is. Just was checking since you wrote "dp."

Please explain what "display port + display port + VGA or HDMI" means. What is this sequence terminology?

Here is an image of my laptop ports.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello s60088g,

Thank you for sharing this image. Based on the hardware on your computer it seems your system does not have a DisplayPort.

When I say Display Port I am referring to the hardware output port. This is an image of a Display port Output:

Your current system has HDMI and VGA but not DP output. Here you can get more about this outport Type:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort DisplayPort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kevin M

0 Kudos
SG10
Beginner

Hello Kevin. I did already state that I do have an HDMI port, a VGA port, and also several USB ports (see below) if I ever needed to use a VGA-USB converter, which I do not need.

I have ports and two separate monitors connected but only one will work at a time, either the VGA or the HDMI cable work, but never both at the same time.

I hope that you can help!

- Sandra.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you Sandra for Sharing this image.

You computer has VGA and HDMI but it is missing the DisplayPort to have three monitor configuration. Please access the following link so you can get more information about DisplayPort connector:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

NOTE: These links are being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
XDuch
Beginner

Hello,

I am bit tired to read and to try to imagine where is the best place to put my question...cos I can't understand why after working with my old pentium 4 on music industry, with a simple Matrox Pharelia 750 I have been working with 4 monitors (3+tv) without any problem...and now, with a super new computer, with Intel I7 4770k Haswell, ASUS B85 me main board, with 16 GB of RAM, i just can work with ONE screen????????

There is no way to have three, or just two!! monitors working as always I did!!

My two monitors are BENQ FP92WA, with VGA ports, but with DVI adapters (it comes with old parhelia).

Once I was connecting my new computer, I saw one of the DVI connectors doesn't works...ok, Now I need a special DVI-D connector for the second screen (at this moment I didn't want to spend more money in a third hdmi adapter!!) I have the latest drivers (just downloaded 5 minuts ago)

Nothing..no way the card recognize than there is a second monitor!!!!! NOTHING! it could be a different driver, and old driver...but NOTHING! the light of the screen is yellow, never is green just for a second...

I have read the requisits for to have 3 monitors and I don't see what I am doing wrong...well, maybe to buy a computer with a Intel graphics integrated??? well..I hope not thinkinh about this...

Please, could you give me any solution?

Thanks

Xavier Duch

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Xavid,

We have tested 3 monitors from our side and with several Intel® motherboards with good results. If you have a different motherboard brand my best recommendation is to contact the manufacture and confirm with the how many screen you can run with the output ports in the motherboard.

From my side, you can try using direct connection to the monitors (no adapters) since this can affect the performance or usage of multiple displays.

0 Kudos