Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20503 Discussions

Troubleshooting crash error from igd9dxva32.dll

KBerl
Novice

I am trying to get a game to work but it crashes on start-up. All my drivers are updated and I've tried multiple fixes from support from the game's manufacturer. Reading the dump file, I find the following error that points to the .dll listed in the title:

In eu4__PID__10652__Date__05_22_2019__Time_06_49_43PM__834__Second_Chance_Exception_C0000005.dmp the assembly instruction at igd9dxva32!MOS_GetMemNinjaCounterGfx+1cd5b0 in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_e8591ff087263ec6\igd9dxva32.dll from Intel Corporation has caused an access violation exception (0xC0000005) when trying to read from memory location 0x435846cc on thread 0

8 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KBerl, Thank you for posting on this Intel Community. To better assist you, we would like to gather more information about your system configuration. 1. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application in your computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 2.Open the application and click "Scan" to see system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. 2. What is the game you are having this issue with? 3. Could you please describe the troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KBerl
Novice

Wanner,

Thank you for the reply. The scan results are attached. The game is called "Europa Universalis IV" by Paradox/Steam. I have done a variety of things: reinstall, run in safe mode, run at different resolutions or in windowed, install .NET framework, change over to a different graphics card, run as admin, temporary take the .dll in question out of its folder, run multiple updates for drivers and OS, create exceptions in firewall...I'm sure there are more that I can't remember.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel
Hello KBerl, Thank you for your response. Most PC games work fine on Intel® HD Graphics and Windows® 10. However, some older titles may have compatibility issues. This results in any of the following symptoms: 1. The PC game fails to run. 2. The PC game does not run at full screen. 3. The PC game runs slow. 4. There are graphical artifacts. 5. Random texture rendering issues. These issues may appear for several reasons that may not be related to the graphics drivers such as: 1. The game may require a software library or component (for example, DirectX* 9 or older) that is no longer automatically installed in Windows* 10. 2. The game may be a 16-bit application and these are no longer supported on Windows* 64-bit version. We recommend following these steps: 1. Run the game in Compatibility mode: -Right-click the game executable file. -Click Properties. -Click the Compatibility tab. -Enable the option Run this program in compatibility mode for: -Select the compatible Operating System from the drop-down menu. -Click Apply. 2. Use different Compatibility settings: -Right-click the game executable file. -Click Properties. -Click the Compatibility tab and enable any of these options (one at a time): *Reduce color mode *Run in 640x480 screen resolution *Disable display scaling on high DPI settings *Run this program as an administrator Now, according to the system requirements to run the game, the recommended operating systems are Windows 7/Windows 8 64-bit. DirectX*:9.0c is also required. If performing the steps recommended does not fix this issue, then we recommend contacting the game developer or Steam since this platform supports the game. They may have found a known issue that you may try to run the game successfully. If you have any further questions, please let us know. Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/Europa_Universalis_IV/ Europa Universalis IV https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-universalis-iv/EUEU04GSK-MASTER.html Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBerl,

Were you able to review the steps recommended to resolve this issue?

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
KBerl
Novice

Wanner,

Thank you for the response. None of the compatibility settings worked. I was able to get the program to work on an older computer, possibly this is because it runs with Directx 9.0. Would you recommend rolling back directx?

Thanks again,

Nolan

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBerl,

By default, Windows* 10 uses DirectX* 12 and it is not backward compatibility. If your computer does not have the right version of DirectX* installed, your game might not work properly. You can check your DirectX version by generating a dxdiag report.

1. In the search box on the toolbar, enter dxdiag. Then select dxdiag Run command.

2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, select the System tab, then check the DirectX version under System Information.

Since your game is calling for a DirectX* 9 file in Windows* 10, you may want to install it to see if the issue persists. Also, you can install a virtual machine and run a version of Windows* that supports DirectX* 9 to run the game. However, to install DirectX* or a virtual machine, we recommend contacting Microsoft* for instructions and support.

Microsoft Support Website

Note: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

I hope you find this information helpful. 

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBerl,

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KBerl,

If you need further assistance, please contact us back.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos