Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20763 Discussions

UHD 770 Not Coming out of Monitor Standby

NismoZ
Novice

You can see from the following conversation, that Intel has created a driver issue:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_display/uhd-770-not-coming-out-of-monitor-standby/ab468828-11d8-4c25-8121-61849a34e089?messageId=fac7632e-af50-4030-a1af-fccc1c235b8d

Where can we officially report driver bugs for Intel products?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyse important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article: How to Get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

By the way, you have posted in the right forum.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Novice

SSU Attached during the time when I had the driver that did not work.

• Went back to Driver 31.0.101.4824 (9/8/2023) - Monitor Standby wake up works fine.
  • System upgraded itself to Driver 31.0.101.5186 (1/18/2024) - Monitor standby wake up does not work.
  • Drivers after 31.0.101.5186 1/18/2024 - Monitor standby wake up does not work.

As you can tell from the link in the original post, multiple people and systems are having this issue.  Not just mine.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you so much for providing us with your SSU.

Please perform the following troubleshooting steps outlined in the link below for a possible solution:

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Novice

The computer OS going to sleep mode is not the problem. There is a difference between sleep mode and monitor standby. I have provided a link on the original post that details the problem and what driver version was good before issue started. In that link, multiple users and computer setups have the same problem.  Please escalate this proven issue to the Intel driver engineers to fix.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you so much for the feedback, and I'm sorry for the confusion.

Since the issue only arises when you update your graphics driver—and since this type of issue typically arises because the Intel graphics driver that we have released may not have been validated by your system manufacturer—the suggested troubleshooting in the article that we have provided can still be used for a possible solution to our issue.

By the way, to further isolate our issue, please try our new release driver, which is Driver 31.0.101.5445. As I have checked your SSU, your system graphics driver is still 31.0.101.5186. After updating, please check if the issue still persists. If yes, please let me know.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
Mi2-2
Novice

Hello Moderator,

In my environment, even the latest 5445 does not fix the problem.

my environment:

CPU: 12700 (non-K)
M/B: MSI PEG Z790 Carbon Wi-Fi (BIOS: 7D89v1C1)
iGPU: UHD 770
dGPU: None

From what I've confirmed, the problem has been reproduced in all releases after 5085 up to 5445.

What I tried is as follows.

• BIOS update
  • BIOS initialization
  • Cleaning with DDU

Everything didn't work.

I believe this phenomenon is a bug in the Intel driver.

Please ask the development team to investigate.

Thank you.

Mi2-2
Novice

I officially issued a support ticket to Intel Support in Japan.
However, it was rejected due to a manufacturer-specific problem.

I searched the Intel, Microsoft, and MSI forums for a way to resolve the issue, but only found other members with the same issue.
I would like to see this issue officially addressed and fixed.

I am attaching the SSU report for my environment.
I'm currently using 4225 with no problems.

Thank you.

Mi2-2
Novice

Hello Moderator,

In my environment, even the latest 5448 does not fix the problem.

ACarmona_Intel

Hello Mi2-2, 

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please file a new case so that we can properly support you.

Intel Support: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support.html

Thank you for your understanding, and have a great day ahead.

Best regards,
Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

We are checking in with you to know if you have already performed the troubleshooting steps that we have provided or if you have any additional queries. Please know that we would be happy to assist you if you have any.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Novice

@Mi2-2 already told you that the driver you are asking us to try has not worked, same problem.  At this point, it's clear that this is a driver problem.  We are asking that you escalate the issue please, so that it may be addressed.  

If anyone else comes across this thread in search of answers, please submit a ticket to Intel support.  Without a decent number of tickets submitted, it will not get priority:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091602/programs.html

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you for the response.

I will now raise the case with our engineers since you keep on insisting that this is an Intel driver issue.

I'll post the response on this thread once I have our engineers response.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

We have conducted a series of tests to diagnose the standby mode issue. The tests were performed on an i7-13700K with MEG Z790 ACE (MS-7D86) motherboard, using graphics driver versions 31.0.101.5379, 31.0.101.4824, and 31.0.101.5522. Initially, the system did not resume from standby mode, necessitating a manual restart via the power button. However, upon modifying the 'Resume by USB device' settings in the MSI BIOS, the system successfully resumed from standby mode.

Further tests on an i9-12900K with an MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 (MS-7D25) motherboard yielded similar results. The system remained unresponsive from standby mode with graphics driver versions 31.0.101.5379, 31.0.101.5186, and 31.0.101.4824 until the aforementioned BIOS setting was adjusted, after which the system resumed as expected.

Additionally, testing on an i9-14900K with a Gigabyte Z790 UD AXE motherboard and the same graphics driver versions resulted in the system waking from standby mode without any issues.

To conclude, this might be related to the MSI BIOS settings. May we know whether the 'Resume by USB device' setting in your MSI BIOS is enabled? Also, are using wired or wireless peripherals, as this may impact the system's behaviour in standby mode.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Novice

Appreciate the testing, but this is not related to MSI only, other folks have posted on my original Microsoft forums link with other manufacturers systems, and they have the same problem as well.  The issue is within the driver version, as explained many times here in the threads that report the issue.  Everything worked fine for people up until driver version 4824.  Anything after that, monitors do not wake up from standby mode.

I am using wired mouse and keyboard.

You can see below, that the setting that you are referring to, controls computer sleep/wakeup, which is NOT what we are discussing here.

NismoZ_0-1716408310204.png

This issue has nothing to do with Windows sleep/wake.  It has to do with power options in Windows, where you can set the dual monitors to turn off after a certain time period.  For a quick test, load intel driver past 4824, set Turn off The Display below for 1 minute, and leave the mouse and keyboard alone.  Let the dual monitors go to sleep for 10 seconds or so, then attempt to wake them up with a move of the mouse and keyboard.  That action has been broken by drivers newer than 4824.

NismoZ_2-1716408582061.png

ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

We appreciate your thorough response and will use the details you provided to conduct additional research on this issue.

As soon as the response is available, I will post it on this forum.

By the way, your efforts were truly appreciated.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello NismoZ, 

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

We noticed that you haven't provided the exact make and model of the monitor. Kindly share it with us so that we can further investigate the issue.

And also, we would like to let you know that we are actively looking into the problem and will provide an update as soon as possible.

We look forward to your response!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
NismoZ
Novice

2x Dell U2720Q at 4k resolution with 150 percent windows 11 scaling.  One hooked up through display port and the other HDMI, both hooked to the motherboards internal UHD 770 ports.

This problem is not monitor specific though, as you can tell from the many threads, there are wide range of people and monitor setups that have this issue.  The issue is coming with the driver after version 4824.

0 Kudos