Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20953 Discussions

Unable download

1HatLady
Beginner

Received notice to download driver

Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - WHQL - Windows*

but I am unable in doing so. Keeps messaging that Download Failed Unexpectedly.

Has anyone else have same issue?

Screenshot 2023-04-07 084755_download.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @1HatLady  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), I will gladly assist you here. 

According to the Troubleshooting Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Error Messages article, this error means that the Download failed while in progress.  

Please, check that your internet connection is working properly and try it again. Let us know if the issue persists. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
1HatLady
Beginner

I am connected to the Internet for I am able to download or upload to other websites.

For this particular driver is not downloading, all others have without problems. Also, I turned off VPN, still won't download.

I tried again, and same results.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @1HatLady  

Thank you for the information provided. 

Then, try the following steps for this issue: 

1. Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running. 
    1. In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. 
    2. Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start. 
  2. Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending. If yes, restart the system after the updates are installed. 
  3. Clear the browser cache and close the browser. 
  4. Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), ensuring browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy, these are the only web browsers supported for this tool. 
  5. Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage. 
  6. If the previous steps didn't work, uninstall the Intel® DSA using the IDSA Uninstaller and test it again. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
1HatLady
Beginner

Yes I was able to finally download.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @1HatLady  

Thank you for your reply, I am happy to hear that your IDSA works fine now. 

Since your issue is solved, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos