Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

VSYNC not working on Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

BBert4
Beginner

Hi,

currently i turn on the vsync on intel graphics control panel when i play PUBG my screen still tearing? Does anyone can help me?? PUBG settings Vsync is off

0 Kudos
20 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph

Thank you so much for contacting us regarding the issue that you are experiencing when you are playing PUBG with our Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, it will be more than a pleasure to assist you. In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Best Regards,

Diego S

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for late response. i still experiencing tearing issue on my screen. please see attachment.

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel,

any update on my issue? Need your support.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your answer.

While taking a look to the report that you attached to us, I was able to verify that your Graphics controller belongs to Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

The version that is currently installed in your machine is 23.20.16.4901, however the latest version is 15.65.4.4944. The fact that your machine is not up to date could be affecting the graphic performance of your machine.

Please go ahead and proceed with a manual installation following these instructions:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Here you will find the latest drivers:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27484/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=88345

Please let us know the outcome.

I hope to hear from you soon,

Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi,

do i need to manual install the driver? Just let you know i install the 15.65 version before i install the 15.60 version of driver and issue still not resolved.

let me install again and test again.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel,

i already update the driver but still i experience tearing on my screen.

Please see attached graphics driver updated and Intel Graphics Control Panel settings.

Kindly please help further.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel,

Please see the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03WauDXq_so&feature=youtu.be Screen Tearing PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS 2018 03 06 01 08 04 01 - YouTube

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your reply.

I was taking a look to screenshots and the video that you attached, it was extremely helpful.

In this case it seems that we have a conflict between the settings from your graphics control panel and the settings from PUBG.

The "Vertical SYNC" set up should be under "Use application default settings" so PUBG will choose either the VSYNC is on or off. Due to the fact that is currently under "Use Driver Settings" PUBG does not really interact with the control panel.

Can you switch it to "Use application default settings"?

Please let us know the outcome, we are here to serve.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel,

i already try the Use application default settings and screen still tearing. i put in Use Driver Settings to make the vsync on base on the descripton but the result isn't working at all.

Please help further.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel,

is there any way to may the refresh rate higher than 60hz??

my screen was 4k display and it was on 60hz only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to gather more information about the screen tearing that you are reporting. Please fill out the form that is in the following link and post it on this forum thread:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

I am currently taking this thread as a reference to perform further investigation regarding the issue. On the meantime, I strongly recommend you to get in touch with PUBG support to see if they can give you some sort of assistance on this matter, or to check if they have any special settings or setup in order to avoid the issue, due to the fact that your system is now up to date and it meets the minimum requirements, this could be caused by a game setting as well.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel,

Please see attachment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate the information attached to the thread, it is extremely helpful.

I was taking a look to the report that you added to the thread and I noticed that you have an Nvidia GTX 970m card. For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried to run PUBG with the actual card instead of the GPU embedded on your processor?

In order to do it, please follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.

2. Click Manage 3D settings in Select a Task.

3. Select your desired software from the Select a program to customize drop-down list on the Program settings tab, PUBG in this case.

4. Select the High-performance NVIDIA processor from the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program drop-down list.

5. Click Apply.

Please let us know the outcome, and as shared before, please contact the PUBG support to see if they can give you some sort of assistance on this matter, or to check if they have any special settings or setup in order to avoid the issue, due to the fact that your system is now up to date and it meets the minimum requirements, this could be caused by a game setting as well.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi Intel.

Everytime i play the game it renders on Nvidia Graphics card. i check on task manager under performance tab GPU 1 (Nvidia) shows up to 95% utilization. i send mail also on nvidia, they told me that the cause of tearing is on intel as my display is connected on intel graphics card as it shows on set PhysX Configuration. i already configure on Nvidia control panel.

Does there is any way to make the refresh rate higher as my screen refresh rate is only 60hz.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Hi,

Any update on this issue??

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your reply and the information provided, it was extremely helpful in order to provide you with assistance on your issue.

In this case in order to change the displays settings (refresh rates and resolution) you will need to contact the manufacturer of your screen (laptop manufacturer/ external monitor manufacturer) so they can provide you with the supported resolutions and refresh rates in order to perform the changes.

Regarding the issue that you have been experiencing with the game (and both graphic controllers Intel ®/NVIDIA*) and based on your brief description of the issue and troubleshooting done, I strongly recommend you to get in touch with PUBG support to see if they can give you some sort of assistance on this matter, or to check if they have any special settings or setup in order to avoid the issue

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Diego S.
0 Kudos
BBert4
Beginner

Dear Intel,

i am asking support from your end as your intel v-sync doesn't work and my laptop display is connected on directly to intel graphics card and not nvidia.

What i can see the issue is on intel not on PUBG and Nvidia as i already try to test in turning off Vsync on Nvidia and PUBG and issue still there.

Kindly escalate this on your higher technical team and help further.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your reply,

I am currently sending this case to higher management to face further review.

We cannot promise any ETA since another team will be in charge of reviewing the case.

As soon as he have a resolution, we will reach you back through this thread.

Best regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

Thank you for your patience.

We just received an answer from the team in charge of reviewing your case; basically, a new graphic driver has been released for your graphics controller Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, please go ahead and test it out and let us know the outcome:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=98909 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?product=98909

We hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Bert_21ph,

I was taking a look to your case and I wanted to know if you need further assistance?

Please do not hesitate and contact us back in case that you need help.

Best Regards,

Diego S.

0 Kudos