- stuttering in games (with any driver) on intel hd graphics 620
- stuttering in desktop also (with latest 15.65 and 15.60) on intel hd graphics 620
- Lenovo y720, intel 7700hq, nvidia gtx 1060
- windows 10 64bit build 1709
- intel hd graphics 620 (18.104.22.16882) driver
- nvidia 22.214.171.12435 driver
This test reproduces systematically:
- start unigine heaven running in windowed mode set on integrated graphics from nvidia control panel
- start task manager and select intel gpu (gpu usage is ~80%)
- watch the benchmark stutter like hell (framerate jumping up and down)
- open nvidia control panel
- switch to adjust image settings with preview (the nvidia 3d logo will start to rotate)
- now the intel gpu in task manager will show ~100% usage)
- stutter is gone, framerate is completely smooth
- the stutter reproduces also in games (tested with crysis from 2007)
- tested also different drivers from nvidia and/or intel in different combinations and result is the same.
- also using drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer(lenovo in my case) didn't fix the issue
Thank you for joining the community.
To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information on your computer. Please follow these steps:
You mentioned that the problem happens with Crisis 2007, are there more games that are presenting the same situation? If yes let me know which ones?
Thank you for your response.
Could you complete the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool and attach the .txt file with the result?
Once the diagnose is complete go to file> view result file> save the file to your desktop.
Allow me to share with you that Intel does not support benchmarks. To investigate further in your case, please help us fill up the information on the following link /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761.
For testing proposes, can you configure the setting on starcraft as shown on the following link:
Answers (N/A if not applicable)
Provide a detailed description of the issue
Starcraft 2 always stutters if integrated graphics is selected in nvidia control panel. Also with settings from this link (https://gameplay.intel.com/en-us/CPUAndGameSelected/Index/97185/636769/0 Gameplay )
Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p>
Very Sporadic (<20%):
Brand and Model of the system.
Hybrid or switchable graphics system?
ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?
NV graphics too (gtx 1060 6GB)
Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue <strong style="font-style: inherit; font-size: 13.3333px; fon...
Thank you for your response and for the information provided.
Cloud you provide us with a video of the problem that you are having?
On the first post you mentioned that you have tested drives 15.65 and 15.60 could you let us know which versions specifically?
Thank you for the information.
I managed to make a recording, but the equipment I have does not offer good quality. I hope it's still visible since I included the fps counter from fraps tool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuVLPiHP49c Starcraft 2 stutter on Intel HD Graphics 630 - YouTube
You can see in the video the frame-rate jumping up and down without me doing much of anything.
Driver packages used:
I only tested SC2 with this driver version.
Thank you for your response.
Allow me to investigate the case. To make sure I have all the information correct in the driver 15.60 version .4901 you have the same output?
For testing proposes could you try the drivers provided form Lenovo for your system on the following link?
Please let us know the output of the test.
15.60 (win64_126.96.36.19901.exe) + latest nvidia (391.35) == not ok (stuttery)
lenovo (188.8.131.5249) + latest nvidia (391.35) == not ok (stuttery)
lenovo (184.108.40.20649) + lenovo nvidia (385.54) == not ok (stuttery)
No combination of drivers produces smooth framerate. Most probably the bug is not from intel or intel alone. Maybe a combination of intel + microsoft + nvidia. But since intel graphics is stuttering, one cannot complain to other parties about such a behavior.
Thank you for waiting.
Looking into your case, I have found that your case is the same as the one reported on the thread /thread/119093 https://communities.intel.com/thread/119093. allow me to share with you that Intel already fixed the issue in our drivers starting with build 4982, but there are still scenarios of stuttering that our investigation concluded are related to other parties, and they are, to the best of our knowledge, investigating and working on those issues.