Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Windows 10 April update

GHaff
Beginner

I have a Dell Inspiron 14 3451 laptop with Intel Celeron N2840 processor. Each time i try to upgrade to the April update, my laptop works for a few seconds then the screen turns black. I had to downgrade to the Fall creators update as a result. Is this because of the graphics drivers. Can someone give me an explanation for this?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Haffmann

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems to complete the Windows® 10 update on your, allow me to help with your inquiries.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Hope his help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GHaff
Beginner

Here is the information. Plus my graphics/video/display driver version is 10.18.10.4885

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Haffmann

Thank you for your response.

I would recommend completing the Windows® update using the Microsoft basic display adapter to get to this driver you would have to uninstall the Intel® graphics driver, please refer to the following steps.

Make sure that your system is not connected to the internet and please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
  1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
Once the reboot is completed go back to the device manager and look for display adapters make sure that the see Microsoft basic display adapter (you may have to complete the steps above several times to get to the Microsoft basic display adapter) once you get to this adapter try to complete the Windows® update

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
GHaff
Beginner

And how do I update with the Basic Display Adapter without having it upgraded to Intel HD Graphics automatically.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Haffmann

Thank you for your response.

Once you start the Windows® update and the Intel® HD graphics automatically update what driver version is installed on the system?

Once you had the windows updates installed on your system, was there any error record on your system? Maybe on windows even viewer that you can share with us.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Haffmann

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos