Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20659 Discussions

Windows 10 Intel HD 6000 driver and Lord of the Rings Battle for middle earth II

MFlor9
Beginner

Hello.

I'm owner of a Macbook Air running Intel HD 6000 Graphic card only, trying to play lord of the rings - the battle for middle earth 2.

After its boot, game crashes in 2 seconds, giving the message "The bfme stopped working" and it closes (It is compatible with windows 10 - See --> http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/365894-partial-list-games-play-windows-10-a.html Windows Central Forums).

I searched so much on google and the problem lot of users detected is concerning the graphic driver released for windows 10, tend to be pretty incompatible with such old games. Tried also to downgrade to an older driver, but none on the site is good.

Only way it run is to completely uninstall the graphic driver, but the game become unplayable, too slow.

I see a great lot of people have this problem. Is there a new release of graphic driver may resolve this issue..?

Hope someone may help me, so sad can't play this wonderful game anymore

Thanks in advance..!

PS: see the attachment for more pc details

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eldarion,

As you said, you are trying to run an older game with a new operating system and it could show issues while you are playing. Also, you have a Macbook Air, so our drivers will not work properly on your computer even using Boot Camp.

I suggest you to try running the game using a Windows® machine.

Regards,

Mike C

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Eldarion,

As you said, you are trying to run an older game with a new operating system and it could show issues while you are playing. Also, you have a Macbook Air, so our drivers will not work properly on your computer even using Boot Camp.

I suggest you to try running the game using a Windows® machine.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
MFlor9
Beginner

Hi Mikec,

thanks for the interest. Initially thought so me too.

To understand/isolate the problem, I proceeded to a complete uninstall of the graphic driver.

Result..? The game runs correctly, but too slow to be played. As a reference, in the attachment below, instead of "Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000" you see "Microsoft graphic driver"

Conclusion, no doubt: the issue is caused by the graphic driver combined with Windows 10.

I think there's certainly a way to solve that.

For example, using "Edain Mod", i can arrive until the end of game loading (skirmish), then same error.

Let's give a try..!

0 Kudos