Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows 10 update graphics driver incompatible Celeron quadcore N2920

MVerb1
Beginner

Since this weeks fall update of windows 10b (64 bits), my Intel Graphics driver stopped working. But according to this post it should work with my Celeron quadcore N2920 (2M Cache 2.0 Ghz)... Acer Aspire E1-510P

anybody any tips how to solve this? / can we expect a new driver from Intel? This laptop is only 3 years old and quite good enough for how my dad uses it...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

There are 2 drivers you can try: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/85552/Intel-HD-Graphics-for-Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3700-Series Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series

Unfortunately your rig is not supported under Windows 10 by Acer according to this list: www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-fall-creators-update

Oddly Acer offers a BIOS that "resolves Win10 brightness issue": www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5150?b=1

I don't know if a BIOS update fixes your issue, but as usual BIOS flashing is at your own risk.

0 Kudos
MVerb1
Beginner

Thanks Stefan for your reply. Tried this, but I get the error "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer"

So I then tried to find and install a generic driver.... turns out that that was already wht your were giving me.

So that finally worked when installing from the driver window from device mgt (instead of just running the exe file)

But, no change in behavior... Kind of disappointed in Acer and Intel and windows I guess: that a version updat like this can end the usability of a laptop only 3 years old because I cannot add an external display anymore....

0 Kudos