Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20834 Discussions

Windows 7 - Intel HD 4000 Install Error

MNola2
Beginner

For the past few days I've had trouble installing HD 4000, I've been reading up on these Intel forums also, haven't found a solution yet,

So I'll get into my problem,

Last week I factory reset my computer after I corrupt my Adobe files (long story) but now everythings running grand but I can't update my Intel HD 4000 Graphics driver from 8.15.10.2752 too 15.33.8.64.3345

I use Intel Drive Update Utility, which gives me the 15.33.8.64.3345 then I download it,

But then after countless times trying to install it after getting multiple errors such as:

"Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements"

Now I am getting

"The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Setup will exit"

Obviously that's stating I should turn to my laptop manufacture as suggested by a few Intel people on the forums,

My laptop model is Toshiba C855: 1J2

But on the Toshiba website I only manage to obtain the 8.15.10.2752, but back then I use to be able to update my driver frequently using the Intel Driver Update Utility without having problems and I was on version 15 or something,

Please Help,

Yours sincerely

Morgan,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
BClay1
Novice

Have exactly the same problem .. posted here:

It´s not because manufacturer does not allow it, since it used to work also when downloaded from intel. It just doesn´t anymore.

Maybe there´s something wrong with intel identification software. Because it identifies wificard in this PC as wireless ac 7260, in windows it is identified as wireless-n 7260. It was bought and supposed to be AC, but it turned out to be N type according to ID numbers.

0 Kudos
MNola2
Beginner

Correct, I found out the solution anyway after desperately researching how to fix it.

I will tell you how I fixed it, and how you should fix it.

1. Go to Intel's download center search around for the driver that fits your computer and that is up to date.
  2. Download it, but as a zip!
  3. Then extract it to your desktop.
  4. Right click desktop.
  5. Click screen resolution.
  6. Click advance settings.
  7. Click the properties button.
  8. Go into driver tab.
  9. Click "Update driver ..."
  10. Now click "Browse computer for driver software".
  11. Go into the driver folder you extracted to your desktop, click on the graphics folder directory and click ok, or whatever the button is.
  12. Then click the button at the end of that window that says "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
  13. Click the "Have disk" button.
  14. Go into the Graphics folder inside the driver folder extracted to your desktop and click the text document looking file, turns out that this file basically states the mininum specifications for the driver basically it's what is meant to tell the computer "THIS SOFTWARE IS FOR THIS COMPUTER".

Anyway, from there click OK, NEXT, etc. until your driver is installing.

0 Kudos