Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20714 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
entilza
New Contributor I

Linflas wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!

Good job Linflas, when you do your Monday's build do you mind going in steps as you mentioned previously ie: no discrete first, then amd card after? Also, are you going to try the beta drivers for that build or are you curious if you can get it to work from scratch with the live drivers?

0 Kudos
entilza
New Contributor I

Linflas wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!

Good Job Linflas!

Are you still going to do your build Monday in steps as you mentioned? Ie: without the discrete graphics card first then add it after? Also are you curious if you can get it to work with the live AMD drivers or are you going to do the beta ones? You could really knock this out of the water for intel, lol

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

entilza wrote:

Linflas wrote:

SUCCESS!!!!

Good Job Linflas!

Are you still going to do your build Monday in steps as you mentioned? Ie: without the discrete graphics card first then add it after? Also are you curious if you can get it to work with the live AMD drivers or are you going to do the beta ones? You could really knock this out of the water for intel, lol

I Still plan on the build tomorrow, as to the 3325 drivers, may wait til nic post's tomorrow, I am assuming he will, as it is Monday, and see if they are going live. I can easily build without the cards first and test all the drivers on haswell. I sleep during the day (U.S.A. Left coast), so will do my build that night.

No one else tried the steps I took or a variation there of to get theirs working? I had hoped to log in and read a few more success stories.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Good morning Linflas,

Great to read you managed to get it working, wishing Nic and the other guys provide all of us with a solution that works without having to run specific process. I did tried during the weekend but never managed to get back to the basic driver instead of Intel default! Maybe was I too de-motivated after spending more than 70 hours on that case. Wishing we get a reliable and sustainable solution from whoever is the trouble this week because the number of cases reported on various forums is simply exploding!

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Hi again,

the solution with AMD beta driver is not a stable one. For me, the driver 3316 worked OK for some time, but after

installing some additional programs with graphic support, it reverted to its faulty behaviour. I am now on HDMI and DVI ports of my graphic card. Obviously the driver 3316 is very sensitive to the graphic environment and it needs some reworking.

0 Kudos
JBrec
Novice

vsslo wrote:

Hi again,

the solution with AMD beta driver is not a stable one. For me, the driver 3316 worked OK for some time, but after

installing some additional programs with graphic support, it reverted to its faulty behaviour. I am now on HDMI and DVI ports of my graphic card. Obviously the driver 3316 is very sensitive to the graphic environment and it needs some reworking.

Hi,

You were able to get it working for some period of time? I am curious as to what happened. I have been gaming all night, and streaming with OBS using Intel QuickSync for the encoding all night without issue. So the drivers, 3316 have been stable for me thus far.

Can you tell me what kinds of programs, and what you were doing with them? I thought encoding with the Intel drivers would be the heaviest thing I could think of to make them do, just curious what you were up to.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

It worked for a few days. I had reinstalled the system and activated the driver (initially it didn't work) before I installed most of my applications. Later I installed several applications, so it is difficult to say, which one caused the problem. The only one that had some (older) graphical interface was an old version of the chess program Fritz. It worked with some problems already in Win 8, so I am suspecting it caused the problem, though I am not sure. I can make the driver 3116 work even now, but I have to reinstall it, when I reboot, which is too cumbersome for me. So for the time being I am using only the AMD ports.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

I put Fritz into a compatibility mode and it seems that the driver 3116 will again function normally.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Correction: the driver 3116 does work correctly, but the application Intel Graphics Control Panel exits as soon as I start it, so something must be still wrong. But this could be caused also by my SAS Raid card which messes up a little the motherboard BIOS (Intel officially does not support the use of such Raid cards on this motherboard). In win 8, I experienced initially the same behaviour with IRST application, which was corrected only by later IRST drivers.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Hi,

the things are back to normal, the driver 3316 works again, but I had to change the BIOS settings for the AMD card and Intel integrated graphics. Now AMD card acts as primary and the Intel graphics is set to Always Enabled. So the post phase starts on the AMD monitor, but on entering the OS, the AMD driver transfers the control to the Intel graphics and its monitor. With this setting everything is stable and also the Intel Graphics application works without problems.

On my motherboard, it seems there is quite a competition for control between AMD and Intel driver and that can, to my opinion, cause problems during the booting process which can ultimately result in malfunctioning of the Intel driver after entering the OS if the BIOS options are not set appropriately.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone!

You've all been very busy this weekend. Sorry for the delay in my response - I was just reading all 100+ of your responses. A few things;

1. We have reproduced the Code 43 error - however it required the use of a discrete graphics card. For those of you who are experiencing Code 31, 43 and other issues on systems that DO NOT have discrete graphics cards - we have still not reproduced your problem and are still investigating.

2. For the above issue we are attempting to diagnose the issue, I will provide more info on that when the information is made available.

We are still looking into this problem, you have not been abandoned. I will update everyone with more info soon.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
TSumr
Beginner

Thanks, Nic! Looking forward to future updates.

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

Hi nic ,

1. We have reproduced the Code 43 error - however it required the use of a discrete graphics card.

==> I have a discrete graphics card so how I do to solve the problem ???

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

HMADRIDI wrote:

Hi nic ,

1. We have reproduced the Code 43 error - however it required the use of a discrete graphics card.

==> I have a discrete graphics card so how I do to solve the problem ???

He only said they reproduced the issue. Not that Intel has solved it. We are all still waiting.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Thanks Nic,

Wishing you guys a good luck building a sustainable fix.

Looking forward for it.

Patrick

0 Kudos
NSpla
Beginner

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

I have a data call here.If you are experiencing an Error Code in Device Manager, please provide the following;

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

Many of you have already submitted a lot of this information, but until now we have not asked for information about what discrete driver you have installed as well.

Thanks!

-Nic

0 Kudos
HHama1
Beginner

Salut nic !

J'ai une carte intel hd 4000 et nvidia 635 GT et tout fonctionne bien sauf si j'ouvre le programme d'intel (option ==> centre d'information) ce programme sera bloqué ! Et mon problème quand j'exécute un jeu après 2 ou 3 min un écran bleu affichera avec l'erreur (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.(igdkmd64.sys))

Ps: 1- Je n'ai aucun message d'erreur au pilote

2- avec Windows 8 tout fonctionne et les problèmes ont commencé avec Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
GCamo
Beginner

Hi Nic! I didn't have any of those errors (43 or 31), but I also have black screen. My graphics card are Intel HD 4000 and a Nvidia 630M. The black screen with mouse cursor happens when I have any Intel driver with any Nvidia driver installed. I got no errors when the Intel driver is one of 2006 "Basic Monitor" something plus any Nvidia driver installed; or when I have just the Intel driver installed without Nvidia's (9.x, 10.x, any driver).

The weird part is, if I install both Intel and Nvidia's latest drivers, while the laptop is on everything runs ok, but when I turn off right after I install those drivers and turn on again, I got black screen. But if after black screen I restart the system, I got no black screen (but if I turn off again the black screen returns, and so on...).

I know that's not what you asked for but I hope this info helps in someway.

0 Kudos
Xenon2000
New Contributor I

nic wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have a data call here.If you are experiencing an Error Code in Device Manager, please provide the following;

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31?

Many of you have already submitted a lot of this information, but until now we have not asked for information about what discrete driver you have installed as well.

Thanks!

-Nic

System with issue:

• Error code 31, The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31). {Operation Failed.} The requested operation was unsuccessful.
  • Custom built Gigabyte Z77 GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.0) motherboard with Intel HD 4000 IGP via i7-3770K CPU.
  • PCIE Sapphire AMD HD 7870 dedicated GPU running a DVI and VGA display.
  • AMD Catalyst drivers 13.9 stable.
  • Driver Packaging Version13.152.1.1-130910a-162613E-ATIProviderAdvanced Micro Devices, Inc.2D Driver Version8.01.01.13312D Driver File Path/REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0001Direct3D Version9.14.10.0984OpenGL Version6.14.10.12422AMD Catalyst Control Center Version2013.0830.1944.33589

• Windows 8.1
  • Originally Windows 7, worked perfectly. Then upgrade to 8, had an HDMI flicker issue on the HD 4000 that was resolved with newer driver, then finally updated to 8.1 on 10/17/2013, and now has the code 31 issue and I can't use the HDMI on my HD 4000 IGP. AMD driver was 13.9 before the upgrade and after the upgrade. Everything is fine with the AMD card and outputs. Only issues with the Intel HD 4000 via HDMI. I have not tried the other 3 HD 4000 IGP outputs yet.

Now sure what else to include. Other than I have tried Intel drivers 3316 and other Intel drivers.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

System:

Intel DZ77GA-70K

3770K processor

AMD HD 6450

LSI 9271 8iCC Raid controller

Hauppage 5500 TV card

Intel PRO/1000 PT Desktop adapter

16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1876

I installed Win 8.1 on with windows 8 upgraded Windows 7 64 bit on 17.10 through Microsoft Store, which resulted in malfunctioning of the Intel 3116 driver.

I managed to get it working (uninstalled the Catalyst AMD driver and installed automatic September AMD drivers) for some time, but reinstalling of the AMD September stable Catalyst driver broke its functioning again. Reinstalled the OS with no applications (except Windows Media Center) and automatic AMD September drivers, but the driver 3116 still did not function correctly. Having installed the AMD beta Catalyst 13.11 driver, the reinstalled 3116 started to work correctly, but malfunctioned again, after I installed all of my applications (BIOS settings: Intel graphics as primary, enable if primary). The Intel graphics application did not function correctly (it immediately exited when started). Set some applications in the compatibility mode, changed BIOS setting to PCIe card and the Intel graphics to Always enabled, reinstalled the driver 3116 according to your instructions and it began to function correctly.

When 3116 malfunctioned, it usually reported it cannot load and the Code 31, though I think several times it was also the code 43. I can't remember precisely as I reinstalled the driver many times with different BIOS settings.

At present, I have installed the 3116 driver from 1/10/2013 (the other one is from 3/10/2013) and both the driver and Intel graphics application work correctly. The post begins on the AMD monitor. After entering the OS on this monitor, the Intel monitor takes over and I log into the OS on it. So far, and at the moment, everything has been functioning correctly.

0 Kudos