Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20721 Discussions

Windows 8 - intel hdmi driver: 44khz wasapi bug

AAllo
Novice

After a lot of testing i've found out that Intel hdmi drivers have a major bug under windows 8: when you use wasapi (event/push/shared) for audio output and set it to 16/24 bit @ 44000hz the output is SILENT. You get no errors from the application (tested with foobar and xbmc), what you get is a normal playback of the audio file but with no audio output. Can anyone confirm this? In both cases resampling the audio @48khz fixed the issue but still, I/We need also the 44khz. Thank You.

Intel HD drivers: latest @ Intel HD4000 bu

42 Replies
OMers
Beginner

Well, seems that this bug still exist. Please, Intel developers, take care of your customers and solve this issue!

My components:

AVR Pioneer VSX-923 (European model)

Intel Pentium G3420 (Driver: 10.18.10.3960 dated 29/09/2014)

Chipset H81 (IMEI 10.0.0.1204 dated 13/03/2014)

Windows 8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center

Tested with XBMC/Kodi 14 and Foobar 1.3.6. For me, WASAPI output doesn't work at all. Neither changing Windows speaker set-up nor switching frequencies/bit depth leads to any sound output. All I get is SILENCE! You, the driving force behind the damned HDMI are unable to offer a solution? I can't believe that. We need a definite decision about your plans on this issue. Will we get a full functional driver?

Please, give us a clear statement.

0 Kudos