Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20686 Discussions

Windows Overscan Issue

MaryTurner
Beginner
I have an Acer Aspire One Notebook Laptop Windows 7 32 bit and I've been having this issue for 2 years with no specific answers. Yes I know its old but I still want to use it until I can afford a new laptop.

It was completely fine before I got my screen replaced. When I took it back up there for this issue, the guys had no clue what to do. So maybe you guys know something they don't?

A lot of my screen is cut off at 1024 x 728, and when I do get it right at 1024 x 600 , the top part has a black border or everything is oversized.

I know its a very outdated laptop, but I can't afford a new one. Please any suggestions would help. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your laptop has a hardware issue.  Contact Acer for support with this.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
MaryTurner
Beginner
I doubt they would help with older models, that's why I posted here to see if anyone else had this experience?
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MaryTurner

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry that you are facing screen and resolution issues on your laptop.

If I may jump into the conversation, I would like to ask you to please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your reply to get the hardware and model information of the system.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MaryTurner

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello MaryTurner

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos