Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20662 Discussions

Windows Phone 7 Emulator display issues on Intel HD Graphics 4000

idata
Employee

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the Windows Phone 7 Emulator up and running on my new laptop and it is experiencing weird repainting issues that look like http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3209/windowsphone7emulatorre.png this.

After contacting nVidia support, ASUS support and much discussion on the AppHub forums i have narrowed this down as an issue with the Intel HD Graphics 4000 display adapter that the emulator runs on. I have of course tried many things such as updating drivers and reinstalling the application. Indeed if you look at my post http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/p/105667/626300.aspx here on the AppHub you can see that this issue affects users with different hardware configurations and operating systems.

As far as i can see this issue has not been reported before and i would greatly appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

I have included my particular hardware and software configuration below. It may be useful to also view the configurations of other users reported in the AppHub thread mentioned above.

ASUS N56VZ

Intel Core i7-3610QM CPU (2.30GHz)

8GB DDR3 1600MHz

nVidia GT 650M (2GB) / Intel HD Graphics 4000

1TB HDD

Intel HD Graphics 4000 driver version 8.15.10.2761

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Same system, same problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem here with Sony VAIO Series S with Intel HD Graphics 4000

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same problem here with Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720 with Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Pending a solution, here's an alternative:

Change in the app.xaml.cs:

RootFrame = new PhoneApplicationFrame ();

by

RootFrame = new TransitionFrame ();

(add tookit in references)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes I know, but not a good solution, this is a workaround, not a fix and Intel MUST fix that !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same problem with Asus N56VZ . Recently I started reading and studying for windows phone programming and I don't know what I can do to solve problem. If someone could help me it would be grateful.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Christian

Because your system uses Switchable Graphics (Nvidia+Intel) , i uses a driver that is supported by Nvidia. Intel provides Nvidia In HD Graphics component of the switchable graphics driver and then Nvidia combines it with the Nvidia graphics driver.

Can you switch the system to run in the performance mode using the Nvidia GPU and try your app?
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Is there any news on this topic? I have a Lenovo U310 ultrabook with the Intel HD 4000 graphics card, with exactly the same issue. I have render issues in the Windows Phone Emulator, but also in the graphical xaml designer in Visual Studio. It is simply unusable. Everything runs perfectly fine on my desktop with an ATi graphics card... Should I sell my laptop or is there a fix on its way?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have the same issue.... using HD 4000 graphic.... my laptop only has 1 video card which is the built in ... so it's very annoyed when I am running windows mobile emulator...

I hope Intel has a fix soon... PLEASE>...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

http://sebastianortiz.cl/glitch-graphics-on-windows-phone-emulator-7-1-with-intel-gma-30004000-hd/ Blog de Sebastián Ortiz | Glitch Graphics on Windows Phone Emulator 7.1 with Intel GMA 3000/4000 HD

Full tutorial here

0 Kudos