Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20949 Discussions

Witcher 3 Complete edition Patch 4.03 Ray tracing bug/problem

Yuukiya
Novice

Hello, I am an Arc A770 16GB Intel branded user. I wanted to report a problem on Witcher 3 patch 4.03. I have no idea were to report officially thus I am posting this.

When Ray Tracing is turned on, during motion some blocks or patches of shadows and lights are randomly popping in.

Driver used:

>Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4314

>Graphics Beta Driver 31.0.101.4335

In addition, i have encountered random crashes during game too. Sudden black screen and buzzing audio then system reboots.

Games where it happened :

>Witcher 3 Patch 4.03

>Rainbow Six siege - Vulkan

Please relay this info to the driver team.

Let me know if further information is needed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Yuukiya,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

There is a new driver version that just came out. Try performing a clean driver installation for version 31.0.101.4369 and test if the issue can be replicated. Doing a clean driver installation can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

In case the issue persists with the latest driver, and to better assist you with the issue, please provide us with the following:

• Is this issue present since day one?
  • Provides us with a screenshot of the graphics settings you use.
  • What is the game distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)
  • Create a report using the following tools:
  •  Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Also, to avoid confusion and duplicate efforts, we recommend you open a new thread about the crashing issue you have with the Rainbow Six Siege game.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Yuukiya
Novice

Hi @Jean_Intel 

Thank you for looking unto this.

Yes, i have tried latest version 31.0.101.4369 and the issue still persists.

However, I have researched and found out that this issue is also happening to other non intel graphic cards.

I have also reported this to the support team of Witcher 3.

So, this issue is most likely on the game side and not specific for Intel.

Due to that, you may close this thread.

P.S. about the Rainbow Six Siege issue, I have yet to try it with the new drives.😁

Appreciate your reply.

Thank you and more power.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Yuukiya,

Thanks for further researching this matter on your own. If the issue is present on non-Intel graphics, we agree with you that the issue may be related to the Game. The best course of action regarding this issue is to contact the game developer for further support. Thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. We will proceed to close it. Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
szmigieldesign

Hello,

I'd like to provide some more input on this issue. It's Witcher 3 v4.04 and latest A770 driver (.4644).

Here are two videos that show the shadows bug (notice buildings in the distance):

https://vimeo.com/854637172?share=copy 

https://vimeo.com/854637191?share=copy

This issue persists only on DX12 and only when Ray Tracing is enabled - regardless of any other settings (weather RT shadows are turned on or off).

One reddit user confirmed that he doesn't experience this issue on his AMD 6800 XT graphics card, but it does happen on A770. I don't know about nVidia though, so it may be related to A770 after all.

Reddit thread for reference.

0 Kudos