Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
18289 Discussions

browser support-Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

george_lol
Beginner

The Intel® Driver & Support Assistant does not work with the Brave browser as my default, I get message that something went wrong without any specifics. Had to copy the Intel URL and switch to my Edge browser to do update.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

That is correct.   Only Chrome, Edge, and Firefox are supported.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Read:  "Note: This application is supported on Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows® 10, and Windows 11 using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer) browsers."

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

george_lol
Beginner

Bravo is Chromium based and can use the Chrome and Edge extensions. But Chromecast isn't fully implemented and is turned off by default.

AlHill
Super User

The support says Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.  It says nothing about being "Chromium-based".    You want to use a browser with a very small marketshare, that is your choice.  Use Edge, Chrome, or Firefox for those products that require it.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]