Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

graphics card isnt working in motherboard

rebekaht94
Beginner

hello,

i have a intel DH61CR motherboard and im trying to install my graphics card into the motherboard which is a nvidia geforce gt 1030. i know the graphics card works as i used it with my old motherboard and its not even a month old. when i install the graphics card into the motherboard and try to turn the pc on it will just go to black screen although there is still power to the pc and monitor. i tried my old 710 graphics card and it also did the same thing. ive tried a few different cables still no luck. however when i take the graphics card back out and use the normal motherboard vga it comes straight on with the onboard graphics. i even tried using the motherboard vga while graphics card was installed but no luck. 

does anyone have any ideas on what i could to get it to work thank you 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Probably a compatibility problem.

Are you using UEFI boot?

Have you checked your video settings in the bios?  If so, what are they?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
rebekaht94
Beginner
Hello thank you responding,
I checked bios and it’s set to auto so should automatically pick up my graphics card when I install it.

I have no clue about the UEFI boot thing you mentioned as I don’t know much about pcs so if you could explain that a bit more that would be great

Thank you 😊
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Just check in the bios for legacy vs uefi boot.

Also, remember the word "incompatible".

0 Kudos
rebekaht94
Beginner
I’ve just checked if it’s compatible and according to this it is

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I see these types of issues here all the time.  A manufacturer says the card is compatible, but it is not.

0 Kudos
rebekaht94
Beginner
Ahhh I see, I’ve managed to fix the issue now thank you for trying to help.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
0 Kudos