Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20720 Discussions

hd 520 black screen bug after short inactivtiy windows 10 build 10586(treshold update) and further insider build

KKowa1
Beginner

This post is basically a request to devs for at least release a beta driver very soon.

Acording to the bug, well after short inactivity i get black screen, I'm sure that isn't a screen saver (turned off in control panel, otherwise after typing , moving cursor i still get black screen also I've set shutdown action while lid is closed and after pressing power button , after this procedure my notebook couldn't shutdown, that's why i suppose that is a bug ) .Now i decided to set nvidia as primary card and as now there is no problem, but notebook can work now max 3h in other side with hd520 it could work 6h. Recently I'm using newest W10 insider build i've hoped that this could resolve a problem but is the same as it was in 10586 (treshold)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Kamil95:

I would like to know if you have tried using the drivers directly from the OEM's website.

It is recommended to use the drivers from them since they will include any possible special features for your specific device.

Another option would be to test the system after doing the following; uninstalling the graphic drivers from the device manager, restart and let Windows 10* install the default drivers.

Here you can find the graphics driver for Intel® HD Graphics 520 for 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors:

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
KKowa1
Beginner

I used a few ver. of intel drivers each one has been downloaded from official intel site and each one has some bug, these are a results:

-15.40.7.4279 (default installed by windows update) , while using Edge browser i get very often notification that driver has stopped working and during an attempt converting movie from h264 to hevc (by handbrake app)i get blue screen which says something with kernel security, in lenovo solution center i get BSOD either .

- 15.40.10.64.4300 i could say that the result is very similar to previous driver , but seems to have a bit less notification of stopped driver and BSOD occurs in later stage of converting the movie ,also when using lenovo software to check hardware condition(solution center) i get the same BSOD.

-15.40.12.64.4326 (which I'm using recently) I haven't noticed any notification yet , as I remember, but BSOD still occurs in lenovo app , also since now i've not seen black screen bug yet , handbrake works fine.

-15.40.14.64.4352 - there is no any notification or BSOD , but i remember that lenovo app have been showing me error with PCI , there wasn't any problem with handbrake app ,but there is the bug with black screen after short inactivity ,which I think is only one driver ver with the bug.

Notebook is yoga 500.

0 Kudos
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Kamil95:

Have you looked for a newer version of this app that is causing the BSOD?

Since the driver 15.40.12.64.4326 is not giving issues, only with the app, that could be a fix.

I look forward to your outcome with this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos