Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20660 Discussions

igdkmd64.sys

pmmmm
Beginner

Hi I have a problem since one year with the graphics.I have a laptop hp pavilion dv6 with two graphics cards Intel hd 3000 and amd radeon hd 6770m.

When I select Fixed mode in the Bios I have a blue screen when windows is loading.In this screen the error refers to igdkmd64.sys. This file is an intel controller from intel hd 3000 card.I tried all the drivers you've been releasing all the last year and theres no way ,always the same error.WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?CAN YOU HELP ME?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi pablom,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems but let me help you.

There are some steps I would like you to try:

1. Since your computer has switchable graphics (AMD video card and Intel® Onboard video) try selecting at the bios level the Intel® graphics controller as main.
  2. Update the bios and Intel Management Engine driver using the software provided by the computer manufacture.
  3. Uninstall the current graphics driver and download the latest for your Intel® controller at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23377&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%0

4. Install the latest graphics driver for your AMD card either using the driver provided by HP or accessing the video card manufacture website.

0 Kudos