Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

integrated graphics and other applications

duo21
Beginner

I have an MSI Z390 Godlike motherboard and an I9-9900K processor, the board has no output for an integrated graphics card. Is it possible to use this integrated graphics card for anything, e.g. for some calculations or whatever? The second question is, is it possible to somehow derive its signal so that it can be used when the motherboard has no output for it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Huh?  Do you have an add-on graphics card?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
duo21
Beginner

The file is in the system.txt attachment.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello duo21, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello duo21, 

We did not find any information on the MSI website about hybrid graphics or switchable graphics support. Are you able to use the Intel graphics if disconnects the dedicated video card?

If the Intel card is disabled you will not be able to use its resources. I recommend you to check this with MSI to verify if both cards can be enabled at the same time and take advantage of both resources.

Regards,   

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
duo21
Beginner

We did not understand each other - I know that I cannot use integrated graphics, but I ask if it can be used somehow, e.g. for some calculations or anything, because it is in the processor (probably there) and is not used / After all, you can use it somehow right? If not now, maybe Intel will come up with a solution someday.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello duo21, 

In this case, if the BIOS does not disable or block the integrated graphics, you should be able to use the Intel graphics. However, bear in mind that the dedicated videos card is the one that will take care of all the heavy workloads and the Intel graphics will work with secondary processes.

Also, if the application/game/software allows it and gives the options you might be able to choose between the Intel graphics or the video card to use that application. I recommend you to check with the motherboard manufacturer if the BIOS blocks the option and also for hybrid graphics instructions and support.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos