Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

intel hd graphics 630 NVIDIA crashing windows 10 LAPTOP

AHabi2
Beginner

Hi I have a Gaming Computer lapotp core i7 7 gen, 16GB RAM 1TB SSD, its crashing and freezing with a noise. its happen often I use internet, and sometimes with simple works. My laptop has Nvidia Geforce adaptor as well.

I reinstalled the windows 10 5 times, I tried updating all drivers, I tried to install the latest graphic drivers, I tried watching many videos on youtube to find out what is causing this problem. tried manythings. But each time after sometime freezing and crashing and only way to get it back working is by holding power button to restart.

So finally I disabled the intel HD graphics 630 in device manager and issue solved. now I can use my laptop with no problem, But without graphic adaptor I can't use other monitor and I just use invidia. but I need my intel HD graphics, Can anyone help me please.

What should I do to use by intel graphics with no problem.

Thank you

Habib
0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Habibanwari.

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities Team.

I understand you are facing some problem with your laptop which will crash when you use the Intel® HD Graphics controller. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
AHabi2
Beginner

Hi, Thank you for helping,

Attached is the scan report, Please help me.

Thank you

Habib

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Habibanwari.

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided.

With the information of your system, I was able to identify that the Intel® HD Graphics version you have is the 4691, can you perform an update to the latest Graphics version (4901)?

In order to achieve so, first, download the graphics drivers by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_15.60.2.4901.zip here.

Then, to complete the installation please follow the following steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Please let me know the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
AHabi2
Beginner

Hi Antony

Thank your for the solution.

I went through the steps you wrote to me.

I deleted the drivers from device manager and restarted the system. and installed the new drivers that you sent me by right clicking on intel graphics and from the directory.

New drivers installed. and then i restarted the computer.

The laptop worked for 10 minutes. and stopped working with a noise.

with new updated drivers usually it works about 5-10 minutes.

But with drivers provided by the manufacturer it works for about 6-8 hours.

This is the Manufacturer drivers model.

this is the link to manufacturer drivers.

http://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_down.asp?lang=en 藍天Clevo

Waiting to hear back from you

Thank you

Habib

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Habibanwari.

Thank you very much for your reply and the information provided.

I really apologize that the problem still persists. I would like you to start your computer using the Windows* safe mode and verify if the system still crashes in the safe mode. In order to achieve so, please follow this guide form Microsoft®: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Antony S.
0 Kudos
AHabi2
Beginner

Hello Antony

Thank you for help.

I put the laptop into safe mode and work with laptop and had no issue. I played a hight HD 8K video and played well for 5 minutes.

Then restart the laptop into normal mode, in logon page of windows stuck and froze. Even I didn't put my password. So had to restart it. And this time played the High HD 8k video in normal mode for 1 minute and laptop gone frozen. And restart it again and played a video this time for 2 minute and gone frozen again.

So it seems something is causing the problem.

I reinstalled the windows 10, 5 times. And the laptop had no other software installed, only windows 10 with Intel graphic installed this problem of freezing happens.

So I am sure there is no other software causing the problem. As with fresh windows 10 happens each time.

Please see if you think something causing the problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AHabi2
Beginner

Hi Antony

I have changed the NVIDIA settings now for Preferred Graphics Proceessor as "High-Performance NVIDIA" and now the laptop works with no problem of freezing. But now the cooling fan runs all the time.

this might be a problem now as laptop heating up too much.

Thank you

Habib

0 Kudos