Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

more 3d options in control panel for games might help fallout 4

BBria
Beginner

old versions of the intel graphic control panel used to allow you to set up multiple settings for each game you wanted to run on very old intel gpus. When I was playing a game I ran into the same corrupted textures fallout 4 has except in this game it was so unplayable I couldn't move. The game is Zanzarrah: The Hidden Portal. I don't expect you to add support for it. However in it's notes it says nvidia graphics cards may have problems for this game but this can be fixed by setting the Set the maximum number of pre rendered frames to 1.. and 4. I don't know if those settings changes would mean anything to an intel graphics card but there are probably some that would. Is there anyway the 3d options in intel graphics control panel could have more customization?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello fallout4crashtheory,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

What is the graphics version or processor model? To have this information please attach the DxDiag.

DxDiag Instructions:
  1. Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
  2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
  3. Include DxDiag.txt as an attachment in the Intel Community Forum

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
BBria
Beginner

here is the dxdiag information. Also here is a photo of the graphics corruption in the game.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Please try installing the latest Beta driver, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=86210

I hope this driver can help if not please fill out the information at the following link for further investigation:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
BBria
Beginner

very surprised but the 10/20/16 update for battlefield 1 and fifa 16 fixed the graphics bugs in fallout 4. It does nothing for zanzarah, but that's an obscure title anyway.

I deleted my config files in fallout 4 and started a new game and was surprised to see. I no longer needed to change the config files to get the game not to have corrupt graphics. However fallout 4 crashes and graphical glitches can take 20 minutes to an hour to occur with a custom ini file. Its nice to know now I no longer need it.

The issue is resolved but since the game could crash again and when that is about to happen. The corrupted graphics could reappear. I wonder if the issue could reappear. I haven't really played the game long enough to know if it will crash again. Here are the diagnostics for the two games. However, I am marking the issues as resolved.

zanzarrah

graphics corruption

100 % always

display lfp

ram 8000

operating system win 8.1

gop version 5.5.1028

driver version 20.19.15.4539

settings to reproduce.

set all settings to minimum

start new game

fallout 4 Issue is most likely resolved.

with custom config file to prevent graphics corruption (no longer required) 10-15% graphics corruption

ram 8000

operating system win 8.1

gop version 5.5.1028

driver version 20.19.15.4539

settings to reproduce

set resolution to 1366 by 768 or same as desktop

let fallout determine what settings to set in the config these are

texture quality:medium

shadow quality:Low

shadow distance:medium

decal quantity:none

lighting quality: medium

godrays quality: low

depth of field: standard low

ambient occlusion: ssao high

all settings unchecked

load a game

multiple saves may exacerbate the issue

to cause game crashing sooner put the processor in high performance at 99 minimum and 99 maximum activating turbo boost. crash can also occur at lower frequencies.

play for 20 minutes to an hour making sure to shoot enemies. anything that causes gore seems to make the issue worse

wait for game to crash.

0 Kudos