Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21331 Discussions

opengl error

johnphilip
Beginner

Hi 

I use Salome platform to do meshing and visualize simulation results, in the last few days something happened and it stopped working and I see this error.

Error! opengl context reports version 4.6 bes not export required functions for 4.5 (glgetnteximage) please report this issue to opengl driver vendor 'intel.

I've downloaded the intel SSU and attached the report. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hello Johnphilip,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities.

We know that it is baffling for something working to suddenly not work and gives us a complicated error message.

To explain on what is happening,  the error message indicating that the OpenGL context reports version 4.6 but does not export required functions for 4.5, such as glGetnTexImage, typically suggests a discrepancy between the reported OpenGL version and the actual functions available through the graphics driver. This can occur when the graphics driver claims to support a certain version of OpenGL but does not provide all the necessary functions that are expected with that version.

In the case of Intel HD Graphics, for example, users have reported encountering this issue when trying to initialize OpenGL 4.5. The error message is a result of the graphics driver reporting support for OpenGL 4.5 or 4.6 but failing to export some core profile functions defined by the OpenGL specification for that version.

For this reason, please try to update the graphics driver of your system to the latest graphics driver provided your laptop manufacturer. If they have no updated graphics, you can test our latest generic graphics driver for your processor that can be downloaded here. Should you experience the same problem after updating drivers, kindly contact Salome MECA’s team for other suggestions.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Johnphilip,

I wanted to check if you had the chance to review the questions I posted. Please let me know at your earliest convenience so that we can determine the best course of action to resolve this matter.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Johnphilip,

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. 

We hope that our suggestion for you to coordinate with the manufacturer of your software directed you to a resolution for your concern.

We were waiting for your feedback since it is important for us to give you the right solution on your concern.

As much as we would like to continue assisting you, we need to close it to avoid overwhelming your inbox with notifications. 

We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos