Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

problem with HDMI and Intel HD Graphics 4000

idata
Employee

After installing the latest drivers from Intel HD Graphics 4000 is no longer output the picture on TV connected via HDMI. When removing intel driver and install a standard driver windows 7 TV through HDMI works in clone mode desktop. If start the installation of the latest drivers from Intel after installation and before rebooting the PC it works perfectly - there is an image on the TV, it can be configured as a clone mode and the extended desktop mode, but after rebooting the image on the TV disappears. How to make the TV displays the image after restart the PC with the latest drivers Intel HD Graphics 4000?

CPU - core i5 3570K

MotherBoard - Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

Win 7 64bit

No discrete graphics card

TV - Philips 32PFL8404H

Message was edited by: Timur&# 13; version of solutions: http://communities.intel.com/message/169251# 169251 http://communities.intel.com/message/169251# 169251

0 Kudos
186 Replies
SRana1
Beginner

I have a number of i5/i3 compact PC (5) with Intel 4000

I want it to show to HDMI.

It will work fine with windows default drivers, but once intel 4000 drivers are installed it will splash screen then go blank to no signal.

When Intel 4000 drivers are removed (only possible via safemode or vga) it will regain display to HDMI after splash screen but the audio will be red X

When the Audio drivers are also removed then the audio comes back through the HDMI.

I tried Intel 4000 with windows 7 x86 and it worked fine to HDMI with the exact same PC

I tried intel 4000 with windows 8.1 x64 and it worked fine with HDMI with the exact same PC

There is an issue with the x64 win7 driver that is not apparent in the x86 win7 one.

I think Intel are going to face a class action suit like Nvid. There's only so long they can dodge the failures like this, leaving people high and dry.

If they can't replicate it I think many of their chips have inherent defects??

This is a system I was planning to recommend for a school class environment.. Support is nil. Why is this?

If you want me to send it in. How much do I get for allowing you to butcher/abuse their device?

Is there any solution on the road? The thread has been going for well over a year. This is unacceptable from Intel.

0 Kudos
PLars4
Beginner

I have the same problem on my Lenovo y580 Laptop. It has an Intel HD Graphics 4000, and about six months ago, the HDMI output to an HDTV stopped working.

I saw this post hoping for some solution, but it still isn't working without problems.

If I roll back to the original driver, I can get a picture to go through with the HDMI cable, but then when I restart my computer it becomes unresponsive again. Then I update it to the latest driver and it will work again until I reboot the computer.

I think it has something to do with the driver itself. The registry of the computer when it is working compared to when it isn't working has a large difference in file size. There has to be a better solution rather than rolling back/updating the driver every time I want to use my computer with an HDTV.

Please help, I have found nothing resolving this problem yet, and it seems like I am not the only person.

0 Kudos
cmcni
Beginner

h please can someone have a look at my laptop info

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

May I Know what the issue with your computer is? What issues are you having?

Please attach here again the dxdiag report since previous one was incomplete. How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

For other users with HDMI issue I strongly recommend testing different HDMI cable with higher quality. This can do the trick.

Kevin M

0 Kudos
cmcni
Beginner

hi there kevin, i have no hdmi output i have tried numerous hdmi cables ranging from £1 to £20 and still no output,heres my log

0 Kudos
CBolt
Beginner

I'm having the same issue. I've uninstalled and installed the drivers, tried the generic driver and nothing seems to work. I've spent about a week trying to solve this issue, so any help would be much appreciated. I'm using a Dell Precision M4700. The HDMI cord works, I've used it on other computers and TV's. I've even tried different TV's and cords. Can't get it to recognize that its connected via HDMI. I currently have the HD 4000 Graphics driver installed.

Thank you,

Chris Bolton

0 Kudos
CBolt
Beginner

I tried the driver, but it wasn't able to work either.

0 Kudos
CBolt
Beginner

Sorry it took me so long to test. Work picked up a lot. I tested it out with a little different results. It now recognizes the windows+p button, and acts like its changing to the mirrored display but still won't display.

0 Kudos
cmcni
Beginner

do i need to uninstall previous driver or just run the exe?

cheers

chris

0 Kudos
CBolt
Beginner

I just ran the .exe and it replaced the other driver.

0 Kudos
TPavl3
Beginner

Hello all,

I have an Asus Q400A with Intel HD4000 graphics and have encountered the same problem several times in the two years I have owned the laptop. Asus went so far as to replace the motherboard last summer in an effort to fix the HDMI output. I found a solution that works for me and perhaps it will help others.

Problem:

No HDMI output to monitor or TV from Windows 8.1 or various Linux distributions. The HDMI output was working until recently. I updated the laptop to Windows 8.1 yesterday though I honestly don't know if this problem is related to the update or not.

Solution:

Plug laptop into monitor using HDMI-to-DVI conversion cable. This worked immediately without problem. Now, using a normal HDMI cable works flawlessly in Windows and Linux as well. I don't know why this works, but I've rebooted/powered down multiple times in multiple operating systems and everything is still working without issue. This doesn't remedy whatever problem is going on here, but maybe this quick fix will help someone else out as well.

0 Kudos
CBolt
Beginner

I can confirm this works, because we had to use the same thing. However, its more of a work around then a solution. For the use we're using it for, they want it strictly HDMI. Haven't found a solution for this yet.

0 Kudos
ARamo11
Beginner

Today I did try that without any success, the screen flickers on black but no image afterall..

0 Kudos
JJohn72
Beginner

I had the same problem as pretty much everyone else here. Second display attached to HDMI interface. Detects and displays fine when you install the driver. Reboot, nothing. Reinstall the driver, works fine. Reboot, nothing. And so on.

What I found was that the problem was the HDMI cable. I tried another HDMI cable of the same brand and part # , new out of the package, and had the same results. When I tried a different brand of HDMI cable, things worked properly as expected. The HDMI cable that did not work with the Intel chipset worked just fine with other things.

The brand of cable that didn't work? StarTech.

The brand of cable that DID work? IOGear.

Your results may vary, but that's what worked for me. I've tested StarTech cables in other installations with Intel graphics chipsets but different displays and motherboards and had similar results.

0 Kudos
RChin5
Beginner

I Just came in to report that after having read all the posts at this topic I have figured out another way to overcome this issue. I Had just installed a new windows 7 and upgraded it to windows 10. Running it on a Vaio SVE15115FXS With the intel 4000. When I installed the latest most updated driver, after the instalation both screens were functional, but after the reboot only the laptop screen kept on and the hdmi screen went off. I Installed the driver not so up-to-date as suggested here ( 15.33.64bit_test ) and as usual, the other screen came back to life. Then I made the hdmi monitor my main screen in the display settings in windows 10 desktop, and now it is on all the time after the reboot.

I hope it helps you out there guys!

0 Kudos
jonas88
Beginner

Hi all,

I bought an external monitor and now it doesn't work. I already tried several drivers and nothing!

Yesterday it worked out of nowhere, so no workaround was possible to make. I started PC today and worked, as soon as screen was off due to inactivity, no signal on screen.

Why Intel didn't solve this yet? It's unacceptable.

I tried with other cables as well and still not find a way to work, also disabling the drivers.

Since I have other graphics card on the PC its not able to use only the second one? 

Please help 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, you are responding to a conversation that terminated in 2015 - and no, you don't have the same problem. If you would like to discuss a problem/question, please open a new conversation using the Ask a Question button on the main Community page.

But, before you do, you need to understand that all processors with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and Intel HD Graphics 4000 have been discontinued and Intel Customer Support no longer supports inquiries regarding them. This means that (a) what help you get will be from fellow community members (including volunteers like me) and (b) the drivers are frozen (i.e., no fixes for outstanding issues will be forthcoming).

This sucks, I know. Intel continues to shoot themselves in the foot in a myriad of ways. We'll try to help you but it is possible that there is no answer. I await your new conversation...

...S

0 Kudos
zwartsjohn
Beginner

hello is there a fix 

looking at amd there are some nice laptops out there 

lets all go to AMD

screw intel 

0 Kudos