Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

re: Intermittent Screen Flicker / @ AndrewG_Intel moderator

Beginner

I have been responding with updates through our email conversation. It wasn't until just moments ago that I learned I was responding to a "no-reply" email and thus the conversation was interrupted.

You closed the thread because you didn't hear back from me, and I assumed that you were still working on fixing the problem to explain why I never heard from you.

The screen flicker issue persists even after installing update-after-update. Uninstall/reinstall driver and device hasn't worked and reinstalling a brand-new copy of Windows 10 does nothing for it.

I am resigning myself to the reality that it can't be fixed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello 1465,

Thank you for posting again on the Intel* Community, we are sorry if this caused any inconvenience to you, we will gladly assist you with your request.

I noticed that Andrew asked you a few questions, can you please provide the information so we can look at this?

1- Did this configuration/setup work fine before? If yes, was there any recent hardware or software change (Windows update, driver update, etc.) that triggered this behavior?

2- Have you tested with another display? If this is a laptop, have you tested it with an external display?

3- Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable (for instance HDMI-to-HDMI) or are you using video/cable adapters, converters, or dockings? Also, have you tested with different high-quality cables?

4- Provide a picture/video of the flickering.

5- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Beginner

I think the problem has been solved (hopefully).

As it turned out, the issue appears to have been caused by a bad monitor. I substituted my TV monitor to check it out, and so far, the problem has disappeared completely.

This is upsetting since my computer monitor is only a few months out of warranty. Got a new one ordered.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Dave

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello 1465,

We are glad to know you found a solution, thank you for taking the time to share this fix, and hopefully, it may help other community members experiencing similar behavior. Since the thread is now solved, we will proceed to close it.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos