Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

sketchup select tool not working properly

VCohe
Beginner

I'm working with Sketchup pro 17 and suddenly the select tool started to work with a delay of several seconds, which makes it impossible to work.

On some chats they say that is the graphic card. My computer shows:" גרפיקת Intel HD" . I would appreciate if some buddy can help me with simple words how

to correct the problem.

Thanks.

Victor.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello vcohen45,

I understand you are facing some issues with the performance of your computer.

For me to asisst you with this if you don't mind please provide me with the following information:
  • Model of the Motherboard
  • Model of the RAM
  • Model of the Processor
  • In case there is a graphics card installed, What is the model of it?
Antony S.
0 Kudos
VCohe
Beginner

Dear Antony S.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.

Now I have the problem of your question,

I'm working on an "HP pavillion Serial 5CD3283EYF

Product E 2 G 84 EA # 4 BT

Model 15-e004ej

Windows 10 64 bit.

I only could get from the info. you requested, the following:

Processor; Intel R Core (TM) i3-3110M PCU @2.40 GHz., 2400 MHz, 2 Core(s), Logical processor(s).

Installed Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB. (7.89 GB Usable) 64 bit Operational system, x 64 based processor.

What I did provisionally, according with some info that I got in the web, was to uninstall the lasts Updates from Windows, and the problem was temporarily solved.

Now I have reinstalled the updates, and in the mind time, the Select tool of Sketchup is working. I don't know if there is an "absolute" solution tho the problem, seems that I am not the only one.

Thank you very much,

Victor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vcohen45,

Thank you very much for the information provided I really appreciate it.

In this case, in order to give better assistance and a proper solution I would like to recreate this issue at our labs. For me to do so, please follow the next link: /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

In this link you will find a chart that you can fill out and attach to me the information for me to know all the details of your issue and properly recreate this problem.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vcohen45,

I would like to double check if you still need further assistance with the issue you are facing.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
VCohe
Beginner

ategory

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

HP Pavillion

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue <strong style="font-style: inherit; font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: intel-clear,...

0 Kudos
VCohe
Beginner

Antony:

I tried to follow the instructions filling the form that you sent me, but the address that it says to send, the mail services returned for three times.

Tell me where I can send it to you.... The problem has not shown again since I deleted and up loaded the last updates of Windows.

Thanks

Victor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vcohen45,

Thank you very much for the information provided.

In this case, since the problem seems to be solved with the latest Windows updates lets continue using the system like that and if the problem shows again do not hesitate to reply on this thread so I can continue helping you.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
VCohe
Beginner

Hi Antony S.

Here I am again, I had an automatic up date in windows, (KB 4056891) on the 6th. of January 20018, Today, the 7th. my Sketchup did not work again,

I applied the same solution as before, "deleted the update (KB 4056891) and tried again working on Sketchup, and also didn't work, I went again to

manager, and deleted the update (KB 4033631) from the 26 th. of December 2017, and Sketchup started to perform normally at least for now.

The (KB 4033631) I had deleted before, and Sketchup worked OK. then to experiment I reloaded it and the program worked OK. Until I got (KB 4056891)

and deleted both of them.

Thanks Victor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vcohen,

Thank you for the information provided, I really appreciate it.

It seems that this can be a problem between the software and Windows. Have you tried to update Sketchup? This might help for it to be compatible with the latest Windows updates. In addition, you can try to get in touch with Windows support to verify if there is any troubleshooting step you can perform.

Antony S.
0 Kudos