Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20661 Discussions

uhd 730

yuksel
Beginner

hello my screen, in the 30 series version, the signal cuts off from time to time and the image turns off, it takes 2 seconds. then when i upgrade to 31 series version, this time my max resolution drops from 4K to 2K

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello yuksel,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® UHD Graphics 730, I will be glad to help.

Please provide the following information:

• Are you using a desktop system? If that is the case, what is the model of your monitor/TV?
  • Have you tried a different cable and/or monitor?

As well, please perform a clean installation of the latest driver v31.0.101.4314 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html?). Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the issue persists, please download the Intel® SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
yuksel
Beginner

yes i am using desktop i have changed hdmi cable. i am using hdmi 2.1 cable and my monitor is 'asus vg289q1a' Version:31.0.101.4314 and Version: 31.0.101.4335 I tried both of them and again the maximum resolution remained at 2K. I don't want to do a clean install because I can't find the setup of 30.0.101.1273 running in 4K. because if I do a clean install, I don't want to stay 2K again. 

0 Kudos
yuksel
Beginner

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @yuksel

Thank you for all the information. Based on the reports provided, I can see that your motherboard is a Gigabyte H510M H which based on its specification has an HDMI 1.4 port which can get up to 4096x2160@30 Hz. My recommendation are: 

• Change your refresh rate to 30 hertz and select 4k 
  • If this is not an option, create a custom resolution with 4096x2160 @ 30Hz, and you should be able to display at 4k.

Best regards,  

Carlos L. 

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

We would like to know if you were you able to check the previous post.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos