Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20975 Discussions

w700 hd 4000 win 8

akibb
Beginner

so i performed a clean install of win 8 enterprise on my acer iconia w700 and restored all the drivers from the intel and acer sites. however whenever i run a full screen program the graphics driver keeps restarting and the game crashes. this means i cant run any games or any windows apps. i have tried every version of the hd intel 4000 driver i can find to no avail. steam recommended changing the settings to run using an older version of directX which gave me a little bit more time before it crashed. has anyone encountered this and what do i do???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

what is the name of your game?

Does it happen with all games?

What is your graphics driver version?

Are you also using an external video card?

0 Kudos
akibb
Beginner

portal shown, but so far any steam game, all the microsoft apps, minecraft, and occasionally firefox if i open multiple tabs.

driver version 9.18.10.3071

no external card

0 Kudos
akibb
Beginner

the older intel driver helped a little, still crashing though. the acer driver makes no difference. currently running version 9.17.10.2867 (from acer site)

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

A newer update has been release already. Please refer to this URL and test using driver version 15.31.9.3165(9.18.10.3165) from this site:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&ProdId=3712&LineId=1100&FamilyId=39 Intel | Download Center

Also, test updating the BIOS of your computer. BIOS updates for that system are posted here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Acer | Download

If the issue persists, then please post the dxdiag report from your system.

0 Kudos