Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20759 Discussions

when playing a video getting red green pixels appearing.

idata
Employee

Hello,

My computer is showing weird artifacts during videos and game-play It would show this odd red and green lines around certain colors. This has been an reoccurring issue even with my old machine but i'm at a loss. I literally replaced every part on this system and for this to happen is heart and wallet breaking. Any suggestions would be a huge help. I have Google-d and searched but no luck. Please help and thanks in advance. Below are the specs of my machine:

Current System in question specs:

Cosair Vengence 16GB

i7 3770k 3.5

Asus P8Z77-v lk

Cosair 800 GS power supply

Nvidia 560 ti (had this issue even with this removed on my old system)

Previous system specs

core 2 quad 2.4 ghz

MSI PS6N platinum

Nvidia 560 ti

Cosair TX750M

4GB Ocz PC2-6400 Ram

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I see you are using an add-on graphics card. Have you tried connecting your display to both the on-board port as well as the add-on?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for replying. Literally after looking at it I found out the issue. It looks like the DVI connection on my monitor is no longer functioning correctly. I just tried using VGA connection and issue seems to have disappeared. Video plays fine and so do any games I run on the machine. It seems odd that VGA worked though and at the same time I can't believe I didn't check this. I guess just got to obsessed with the issue that I missed this little troubleshooting step. Thanks again for taking time to read this.

0 Kudos