Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20781 Discussions

which drivers are best for the alienware r3 laptop

JJose11
Beginner

i have an alienware r3 laptop and i am in desperate need of an update, if anyone knows what driver is best for my device, please tell me, or leave a download linkm it would be appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Why the desperate need? What OS are you running? What processor do you have? Do you have switchable graphics?

The "best" is to use what is supported and supplied by the manufacturer. Unless there is a really compelling issue, I would use what the manufacturer has provided.

Now, have you upgraded to Windows 10 and are having problems? Also, provide the full model number of your laptop.

Provide the answers to these questions and we can move on from there.

Doc

0 Kudos
JJose11
Beginner

i haven't upgraded it in years and i am currently having lag issues with my computer, which i believe is being caused by out of date software, i'm running windows 10, i have an intel core i7 processor, i don't have switchable graphics, my computer came with windows 10, so upgrading to windows 10 is not the issue

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Which i7 processor? There are seven generations of the i7.

Doc

0 Kudos
JJose11
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This is your processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/88967/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) Specifications

You have Intel HD 530 graphics. You can get the latest driver here:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-6th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-530.html Intel® HD Graphics 530

Personally, I would go back to the manufacturer and get their latest driver.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I hope the information that Al Hill kindly provide you can help you solve your problem.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos