Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Adaptive Sync options cannot be changed

Suzie1818
New Contributor I

I am using an Arc A770. To configure the VESA Adaptive Sync feature with Arc GPU, you need another app, Intel Graphic Command Center.

The problem is that even though I have adjusted the options related to Adaptive Sync in the IGCC app, it doesn't save my selections, and after I closed the app and reopened it, those options just reverted to what they were before I made the adjustments.

IGCC provides three options for Adaptive Sync in the Preferences→Global Settings tab:

• Adaptive Sync On/Off
  • Unlock FPS On/Off
  • Adaptive Sync Plus On/Off

None of the three is actually adjustable. No matter how I change the options, the app just doesn't save my selections as if those three options are locked by the system.

This is very troublesome and has resulted in unpleasant gaming experiences.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I will be glad to assist you with this issue, I understand this is important to get a smooth gaming experience. Please let us know the following information;

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@Hugo_Intel 

1. AOC AGON AG274QXM
  2. No
  3. As attached
0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Suzie1818

I see the monitor features both HDMI and DisplayPort(DP) ports, at the moment adaptive sync is only supported on DisplayPort connections, is this the connection that you use or are you using HDMI instead?

If you are utilizing a DP connection, please update your driver to the latest driver version 31.0.101.4255.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Suzie1818
New Contributor I

@RonaldM_Intel 

@Hugo_Intel wrote:

Hello Suzie1818

I see the monitor features both HDMI and DisplayPort(DP) ports, at the moment adaptive sync is only supported on DisplayPort connections, is this the connection that you use or are you using HDMI instead?

What I reported was a software problem, not hardware related at all. You treated me like an idiot, but you were the idiot instead. You were asking a stupid question because if I were using the HDMI connection, those Adaptive-Sync options simply wouldn't show up in the IGCC app and you couldn't see them in the first place let alone you could adjust them. You didn't even know this technical fact.

If you are utilizing a DP connection, please update your driver to the latest driver version 31.0.101.4255.

Please don't give useless suggestions. Have you really tried what you suggested yourself? Did you actually verify that it can really solve the problem yourself? To tell you the truth, 4255 not only doesn't solve the problem but has just made the problem even worse, okay?

Were you sure you knew what you were talking about? Was your mind clear?

@RonaldM_Intel 

Why is intel hiring people so unprofessional to be "Customer Support Technicians"? You guys made me think that it is so easy to get a job from intel that I can go apply for a position in intel, too!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @Suzie1818 ,

I can confirm the issue you are reporting with IGCC version 100.4628.0. My observations and tests seem to point towards an app issue (IGCC) and not driver-bound.

I'm filing a bug with the IGCC dev team for investigation.

Just to set the right expectations with you, I believe updates for IGCC take longer now since most efforts are focused on Arc Control so if you need VESA Adaptive-Sync on/off you can accomplish this using the IGCC Public Beta

Thank you for your continued efforts reporting issues to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Stov54
Beginner

I got here by searching online for an answer to the same issue that I was experiencing with, admittedly, a different monitor.

With a ViewSonic VX3418-2KPC, which supports adaptive sync (it was one of the main reasons I purchased it), the Adaptive Sync options were disabled for me in Intel Graphics Control Center (IGCC) as well. I am using a Display Port cable and verified that this was being recognized as such in DxDiag.

It turned out that my monitor has a setting that needed to be turned on on the monitor itself to enable Adaptive Sync. This was done by navigating through the monitor menus with the physical buttons on the device. Once I turned Adaptive Sync on, the related options lit up in IGCC as expected.

Thought I would share this in case it caught anyone else out since I was not aware that this was a feature that, at least in my case, needed to be enabled on the monitor itself.

0 Kudos