Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1794 Discussions

After update 101.4824 Intel Arc Control uses 9GB Memory/RAM

Noval
Novice

Screenshot 2023-09-14 032017.png

This happened immediately when the laptop was just turned on and made my laptop temperature increase instantly

86 Replies
XImpalerX
Novice

Yea they did. I guess you didn't "read" very well lol. Sounds like it's not fixed though anyways

XImpalerX_0-1695119683882.png

0 Kudos
XImpalerX
Novice

I can confirm that the issue is still present even after installing the supposed update.

MichelN86
New Contributor I

Intel does not test anything, just release alpha/beta drivers and says in the logs it got fixed. Really the people who are working on those drivers should be fired immediately. Seriously what the **bleep** intel ????

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

Unfortunately Still have the same issue, nothing has been fixed yet Hugo...

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, @Noval

I see you are still experiencing the issue even after updating to the driver 31.0.101.4826 which has the fix for this problem. Did you use Display Driver Uninstaller before updating to the latest version as previously advised?

Please make sure the version of the Arc Control Software gets updated to version 1.73.5335.2 the previous version on driver 4824 is 1.73.5334.1.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
LAOLIU818
Novice

Updated Intel® Arc™ Control to version 1.73.5335.2, the memory leak issue has been resolved

0 Kudos
SaitamaOne
New Contributor I

Tried again, and the memory leak has been repaired; memory usage is stable.

Thanks Hugo

Screenshot 2023-09-19 222641.png

0 Kudos
Stillwater
Novice

232322323.png

This is not a matter of whether or not DDU uninstallation was used. The initially downloaded driver version 31.0.101.4826 did not include the new Arc Control; it remained at version 1.73.5334.1. It's only in today's downloaded version that the new Arc Control is included.

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

I see that fortunately some of you are reporting the issue is resolved with the new driver and the new version of Arc Control. @LAOLIU818, @SaitamaOne we appreciate your feedback and confirmation the issue is no longer happening.

@Noval Is the issue resolved for you as well? Please update to the latest driver and make sure to use DDU and that the Arc Control version installed is 1.73.5335.2.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Seaum
Novice
After Updating the new driver version manually my issue is resolved. i uninstalled the old arc control then install this new driver update. 4826 and there is no memory leak for me now. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Aranygaluska
Beginner

Arc Control used 9 GB of my RAM, AND always turned on my RTX video graphics as well. I didn't think it had anything to do with the second problem, I thought it was an nvidia error, but after I uninstalled arc control, both problems got solved, my computer is running without issues. It made me wonder if there are any uses for the arc control program at all. I don't plan on installing it again and so far I have no regrets.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Noval

We have received confirmation from most users that this issue seems resolved in version 31.0.101.4826 of the driver, however, since you are the owner of this thread we would like to get confirmation from you that the problem is solved or if you need further assistance. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Noval

We have not received confirmation from you but so far based on the other users' reports and our own tests this issue should have been resolved with the driver version 31.0.101.4826 so we will proceed to close this thread, however, if you require further assistance with this or any other issue feel free to open new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
alfi
Beginner

Yes, thank you Hugo, after updating to 4826, the memory issue is fixed

0 Kudos
MichelN86
New Contributor I

People with notebooks, stay away from the arc application. It's using much more power and heat then when the arc application is deleted. My MSI notebook has a LED on the power button and was always orange (meaning the nvidia card is in use) no matter what i did, staring at my desktop or did small tasks my nvidia was always in use. When the 4824 driver was released with the awesome memory leak i removed intel arc application and noticed my power button became white (intel gpu). My fans ran cooler, firstly i thought my fans died on me. But then i fired up a game and the power button became orange again (nvidia gpu) and my fans i heard again.

Maybe intel should investigate why the igpu is not in use on laptops. Even with the provided msi drivers the same thing happens.

0 Kudos
alfi
Beginner

I have the same problem, too.

My laptop is ASUS UX482EG, Intel i7 11th gen, RAM 16GB.

Arc Control uses 5GB RAM and climbing.

0 Kudos
Hrdina
Novice

This sounds similar to my desktop ARC a770 issues, except mine are GPU usage not memory. Apps like "creative cloud UI" "Discord" "GameDVR" were using up to 50% of my GPU resources. At the same time my fans stopped working and the card overheated to 95C. 

0 Kudos
taiwindows9
Beginner

Intel Arc Control 101.4824 has a memory leak issue that causes it to use 9GB of memory/RAM.

0 Kudos
cpsd
Beginner

Hi!

I also have a laptop ( msi gf63 thin 11uc ) with this memory leak problem. So I also uninstalled the arc application. 

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II
Did you try the driver from October 3rd? 4885
0 Kudos
Barbra
Beginner

So take it (Arc Control) out of your startup options. You don't need Arc Control to run all the time when using the driver.

0 Kudos