Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1662 Discussions

Arc Control Center Driver Rollback Issue

Ayun
Beginner

Hi there,

After installing the latest Arc driver 31.0.101.5081 it seems as if there is an issue concerning  Windows checking for updates and a forced but "fake" driver rollback to version 31.0.101.4577 shown in Arc Control Center.

Arc driver 31.0.101.5081 was installed using DDU in Save Mode and everything seemed to be working fine. On the next day, while using Blender, Arc Control opened up and stated a driver update displaying 31.0.101.4577 as the new driver and demanding a restart. Time of occurrence corresponds roughly with last logged Windows Check for Updates. When navigating to restart the system Win11 also showed the corresponding pending update iconography.

So I checked the driver versions after restart in...:

...Device Manager: Device Manager still shows Version 31.0.101.5081 as the driver in use

...GPU-Z: Still shows 31.0.101.5081 as the driver

...Intel Driver & Support Assistant: Shows 31.0.101.5081 as the installed driver, but also displays a text information concerning a "customized computer manufacturer driver" referring me to contact Gigabyte for the latest driver. The thing is Gigabyte is the manufacturer of my MoBo not my DGPU and I am running their latest version of Bios. ASROCK which is the manufacturer on their website explicitly states to use the official Intel drivers.

Arc Control Center displays 31.0.101.4577 and when checking for updates says I am on the latest driver. So the ACC issue somehow seems to be related to the information displayed by Intel Driver & Support Assistant.

Relevant system information:

CPU: 13600K

DGPU: ASRock A770 Challenger 16GB OC

MoBo: Gigabyte Z790 UD AX

DGPU Optimization:

I do use MoBo ASPM and Windows Power Saving modifications as communicated by Intel for improved power consumption. 

The questions for me are:

Will this result in performance issues/ system instabilities?

Is it solely a software related read out issue not interfering with the use of 31.0.101.5081?

All the best

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayun

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites.

In regard to this issue as long as the device manager displays the correct driver version -in this case 5081- is installed there should not be any problem. Based on your explanation of the issue driver 4577 shows up just as a driver update suggestion, perhaps a driver recommended by the motherboard manufacturer as pointed out.

Something you can try would be to uninstall the Intel Driver & Support Assistant(IDSA) using this uninstaller, once uninstalled reinstall the latest version of IDSA.

If you continue to experience the issue, please share with us a screenshot of the message you see on the IDSA website.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Ayun

We have received your request to close this thread so we will no longer monitor it. If you happen to still need assistance or if you have any other questions, feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos