Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1708 Discussions

Arc Control update timing out on latest driver

Vampurrr
Novice

Hi there,

I had this issue on an older driver where on version 31.0.101.4824 it would time out when looking for drivers.
I used DDU, reinstalled the newest driver as advised, and it fixed the issue.

However, I am now on the latest driver (31.0.101.4887) and the bug is happening again.

It continuously now is timing out when looking for drivers.
I will be doing the same steps are before, but I would really love if this bug could be fixed, so I would not have to keep using DDU.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bandit8623
New Contributor II

same for me when you install the newest driver over the top without checking clean install.

ddu then install the newest and driver check works again.  or check clean install seems to work as well.

yes please fix intel

0 Kudos
Vampurrr
Novice

Unfortunately this happened even when I checked "Clean install".

Hopefully they can fix it in the next driver.

0 Kudos
Barbra
Beginner

I used the updater in the Arc control to install 4887 last night. At one point all that was left to indicate something was going on was a minimized window that would NOT restore. I figured it was asking me to reboot, so I did, and it was installed properly.

The installer definitely needs a bit of work. On the other hand, I'm not going to give them too hard a time - I'm able to run MSFS 2020 on 6 screens (all running at 4096x2160), though I now just stretch the main window across the 2 65" smart tvs and get a 216 degree view. Don't need the side views any more.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for joining our Community to report the issue with Arc Control showing the timing-out error message when updating to the latest driver.

At the moment, our recommendation for this matter is to install the latest driver after running the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). We understand that it is frustrating to do this procedure every time you face this problem, and we would like to look into this matter, but first, we would like to know if the issue remains after reinstalling the latest driver, 31.0.101.4887 after running the DDU.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bandit8623
New Contributor II
With ddu and installing 4887 driver check works for me.
But I posted another thread where windows keeps downgrading my driver through updates. Then checker fails till I ddu again.
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

@Bandit8623, thank you for the information provided. We understand that you have opened another thread for assistance in your issue where Windows keeps downgrading my driver through updates. We will be helping you through that channel. We appreciate your effort in keeping the thread organized, with one thread per issue.

Allow us some time to check this crashing issue internally. We will be posting back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

We appreciate the feedback you have shared in this thread and reporting this problem to us. We would be more than happy to inform you that we are currently working on this; unfortunately, we are unable to commit to any estimated time yet. However, rest assured that we are working on a solution for this. We will proceed to look into this internally and will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos