Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1796 Discussions

Arc control missing information

Remlin379
New Contributor I

I'm basically copying a different thread because it got abandoned, it's about missing system information in arc control panel, what's missing is: 

Hardware/General Info

- PCI Gen Version - shows as "-"

- Storage - shows as "-MB"

Hardware/GPU Info

- GT Frequency - shows as "0.00 GHz"

- GT Memory Frequency - shows as "0 MB"

- Max Supported Devices - shows as "-"

- Xe -Cores - Shows as "-"

Software/Intel Software

- XeSDK - shows as "-"

- IDSA Version - shows as "-"

- Endurance Gaming Version - shows as "-"

Already used DDU twice, and the information was missing from the beginning 
GPU model: ASRock Arc A770 Phantom Gaming D OC 8GD GDDR6

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Remlin379

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

·      IGCC Report: Follow these steps to generate an Intel® Graphics Driver report for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

·      SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

·      Please provide us with videos and screenshots of the issue.

Also according to our information, The GT Frequency value shown in the System Info section of Intel Arc Control is now deprecated in newer versions Intel Arc Control.

We recommend using GPU Frequency and other indicators such as GPU Activity to monitor in real-time the GPU's performance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

These are the screenshots of missing system information, maybe it's supposed to be like that like with the gt frequency, but since someone else asked I decided to ask too. Sorry for the screenshots language, but I can't find the option to change it in control panel if there is one. 

Remlin379_0-1689969150648.png

Remlin379_1-1689969178911.png

Remlin379_2-1689969202643.png

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Remlin379

Thank you for the information provided. 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Remlin379

Thank you for your patience. 

Before we proceed with the assistance, please provide us with the following information:

·        Was the feature working before? If so, were there any changes?

·        Are you using any other software such as control panels or anything else that reports or affects information?

·        Have you tried reinstalling the drivers using DDU (WHQL and BETA) as well as uninstalling Intel Arc Control and reinstalling it?

·        Can you double-check if there are any yellow bangs in the device manager that are reporting an issue/component not properly installed? Send screenshots of device manager if possible.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

-I checked the information multiple times, but these things were always missing
-I have msi afterburner installed and running, but I actually don't use it anymore since i switched to intel - it doesn't work apart from showing info and turning it off does nothing even after reboot. Apart from that only intel utensils, dsa and gcc
-I used DDU twice, and assumed that the arc control was uninstalled along with the driver
-No errors or warnings in device manager

Remlin379_0-1690216839309.png

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Remlin379

Thank you for the information provided. 

Besides the information requested before please try the following steps and reply with the outcome:

·        Uninstall IDSA, for that follow this article: How to Uninstall the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA).

·        Try with 31.0.101.4575 driver.

·        If possible, reinstall Arc Control – For that, please check this article: How to Install Intel® Arc Control

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I

Updating the driver got rid of some empty entries in arc control and filled out the rest, so it looks like it was simply outdated version of the control panel. Thanks for the help

Remlin379_0-1690223841500.png

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @Remlin379

Thank you for your reply. 

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

0 Kudos