Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1721 Discussions

Blackscreen at POST after dirver upate

strin
Beginner

Hi,

I have been using A750 for about 2 months and keep updating the latest stable version driver everytime the Intel Arc Control asked me to. And everything gose well all the way until I updated the driver 31.0.101.4824. After reboot, the monitor got blackscreen showing nothing except 'no signal ', I guess it halted at POST because the screen (even the AMI or motherboad logo) is not showing and other hardwares like fans and harddrive are quiet (fans running at low frequency).

So I removed the A750 and plug my old graphic card (NV QUADRO K4000)  to the motherboard and all worked fine. Then I disable the AMD SVM setting in bios and turn into Win11 safemode to uninstall Intel graphic driver with DDU.  And I downloaded the earlier version driver (31.0.101.4672) and try to install but fail, maybe there was no Intel grahic cards detected.

Then I removed my old graphic card and plug A750 back to the motherboard again.  However, the blacksrcreen came up again at POST.

I remember that during the drivers update, the 3rd party firewall Huorong popped up and said some system level movements was going to be block by user's choice.  Would this be the reason to the blackscreen? Will the driver update process affect the bios or vbios? Would a reinstallation of Windows help? Thanks so much !

My builds:

AMD Ryzen 5700x cpu

ASUS B350M TUF Gaming Plus motherboard

Gloway Type Alpha memory 16g x2

Kioxia Exceria G2 1tb ssd

Coolermaster G500 500w power supply

Firewall: Huorong

All hardwares are in their default settings with no OC

0 Kudos
0 Replies