Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1659 Discussions

Bugs with World War Z, AOC Monitor and League of Legends

Nerdelkin
New Contributor I

So I decided to risk it and upgraded "for science and curiosity" from AMD RX 5600XT to Intel Arc A750 LE. I knew there are still driver issues and bad DX9/11 performance but pulled the trigger anyway. What I've experienced so far. Arc Control is kinda non-essential for user experience. And about user experience. So far, I played handful of games, including Control (DX12), Baldur's Gate 3(Vulkan), League of Legends (DX11), Anno 1800(DX12), Rainbow Six Siege (Vulkan), Cyberpunk 2077 (DX12), World War Z (DX11), Fallout 76 (DX 11) and more games I'll try soon, including Metro Exodus, RDR2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Overall experience been good, except with WWZ been only unplayable game from what I tried. Just 50% gpu load and as result meh fps in DX11 mode and no option to choose Vulkan to salvage situation. And I can confirm bug with driver crash after alt+tab League of Legends. Next big bug after WWZ bug is the bug with my AOC 24G2W1G4. Intel drivers doesn't recognize it as adaptive sync monitor, which is so bad after Freesync experience with AMD GPU. I really wish Intel to succeed, but as I discovered AOC bug and WWZ Vulkan issue is known for more than 6 months, so I hope it will be fixed soon. And there're few screenshots. I'll continue testing my new GPU, but mostly I'm satisfied with it.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you.

We would like to let you know that we are currently investigating a possible solution for some issues that you reported. The driver developer team is working to implement a fix in an upcoming driver. However, we are unable to commit to an estimated time or updates regarding this matter., but rest assured that we are working on them. The issues we are currently investigating are:

• League of Legends*: When trying to minimize (or alt+tab) the game while loading, the PC freezes up.
  • World War Z: Arc cards are not enabled as supported for Vulkan API inside the game settings.

We will be checking this internally. We will post back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Nerdelkin
New Contributor I

Thank you for a fast reply! Happy to hear your team working on those 2 issues and I'm hoping you will find fix soon. But what about AOC and Adaptive Sync situation? I'd be really happy if I could use again adaptive sync.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

Thanks for your response.

About the issue with your AOC monitor and the Intel® Arc™ A750 not detecting it as an adaptive sync monitor, we may need to do further troubleshooting regarding this issue; however, it is important to mention that we recommend opening one thread per issue, so we can keep the thread organized and more efficiently troubleshoot your issue.

We invite you to separate your issues into three different threads so we can troubleshoot your issue or inform you when we have an update on the other two problems we are currently investigating.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nerdelkin
New Contributor I

Thank you! I'll split AOC issue into separate topic as you suggested. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

Thanks for your response.

Thank you for starting a new thread to discuss the AOC issue. However, we kindly request that you create separate threads for each issue to ensure that we can address them efficiently. By doing so, we can keep the thread organized and inform you promptly about any updates related to each issue.

It would be helpful if you could use this thread to discuss League of Legends and create a new one for World War Z. Please note that the investigation and updates for each issue may vary, and some may be resolved sooner than others. Let us know if you are ok with this approach.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin

We want to thank you once more for opening a separate thread regarding the AOC vsync problem. However, we would like to request you open another thread to keep all three issues separated in individual threads so we can share the updates with you once we have them without needing to wait for updates from other problems, delaying the process.

We suggested maintaining this thread to continue with the League of Legends, and the new one will be regarding the World War Z problem. Let us know if you agree with this or if you prefer to continue in a different matter.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Nerdelkin
New Contributor I

Hello! Yes, I'll start new thread about WWZ Vulkan issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

We truly appreciate your understanding and your help in keeping our thread organized. We will continue to look into the League of Legends problem, and we will be back with more information as soon as we have an update.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

We would like to let you know that after looking at this issue internally, the graphics team has confirmed that the issue is solved on our latest Graphics driver. We recommend you install the drivers 31.0.101.4972 and let us know if the issue remains. We thank you for your understanding and patience in waiting for an update on this matter.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

We are checking on your thread to see if you have been able to test the latest driver, 31.0.101.4972. We want to hear from you to confirm if the issue is solved after installing the new driver.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Nerdelkin,

We have not heard back from you. Thus, we will proceed to close this discussion. This thread will no longer be monitored, so please ask a new question if you require any more information.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos