Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1613 Discussions

CSGO disastrous performances - A770M

Shaft64
Novice

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the A770M graphics and I can't stand it anymore.

I am so desperate to have bought a 1600€ NUC with A770 to play CSGO and can't use it.

One month ago I bought a NUC 12 Enthusiast - NUC12SNKi72 including i7-12700H Processor and A770M Graphics 16GB GDDR6 VRAM.

Originally I installed  1X16GB DDR4 Crucial 2666Mhz + disk M.2 Samsung 970 EVO PRO Gen3 with Windows 11.

I noticed immediately that the graphics performances were catastrophic on Counter Strike Global Offensive: FPS drops from 400 FPS to 20/30 FPS (when I face enemies)  + stuttering (quick freeze every 5/10 seconds). The game is unplayable even with low graphics settings !!!

So I decided to install Windows 10 instead of Windows 11 : same issue.

Then I decided to change the SSD and the RAM thinking that maybe the issue was due to those components.

I installed this time: 32GB (2X16GB) of DDR4 Gskill 3200Mhz + M.2 Corsair Gen 4 disk with heatsink.

Again, disastrous performances on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

I have tried every optimization possible. I have tried almost every version of the A770 driver even the BETA driver, nothing works. I have watched dozens of youtube video and tutorial to optimize CS GO, nothing works.

At this point I decided to change everything that was connected to the NUC to see if anything external was causing this issue: I changed the mouse, the keyboard, the network cable, the power supply cable, the HDMI cable, the screen... EVERYTHING !!!!!! Nothing worked, I became nuts.

Finally, I decided to contact the Intel support team. The tech support guy took control of my computer, he noted the problem while I was playing. He decided to change the driver : no effect.

So, after seeing that I had tried everything he decided to send me a new NUC12SNKi72. So I returned my NUC and few days after I received the brand new NUC.

You know what's coming right ? :-))))))))

Same issue...

Now I'm 100% sure that this is a driver issue, will Intel do something about it?

I don't know what to do anymore, I don't use this NUC, it's just a nice black box on my desk.

I'm using my old laptop to play CS GO :  i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1650, connected using a docking station, it has better performance than this NUC.

I wish it was possible to get a refund...

I'm attaching you the SSU report, but there is nothing there in my opinion.

If someone has any idea, I would be grateful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shaft64
Novice

Hi,

I found this article from 2 days ago: https://game.intel.com/story/intel-arc-graphics-directx9/

I was of course very excited specially by looking at the youtube video inside this article: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omUTYlm2Al0

So I immediatly tried to install the latest version of the driver: 31.0.101.3959.

That you can find here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver-beta.html

I didn't manage to install the driver at first. The computer froze for more than 30 minutes then reboot after crashing.

So I decided to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch and install this new driver and the result is... stunning.

In CSGO the FPS are drasticly higher and there is no more stuttering. The game is finally playable and enjoyable.

I still have some rare FPS drop (60/70 fps) in some spots (T spawn on Inferno while looking at the other 9 players, water on anubis when there is multiple ennemies) but it's playable.

I hope that the next versions of the driver will correct that and it will be perfect.

Thanks to the Intel engineers who work hard on this new version.

So the solution is : install the lastest version of the driver (version 3959 and later) which is fully compatible with DirectX 9 games.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hmadeit
Beginner

having the same exact issues. game is in an unplayable state.

0 Kudos
Shaft64
Novice

:-(((

What's your PC specifications?

0 Kudos
hmadeit
Beginner

heres my specs. Having issues with fortnite too. It wont run dx12 anymore and getting huge fps drops near water in warzone 2 as well.

0 Kudos
Shaft64
Novice

Thanks.

In CSGO we should have 300/350 fps at all time.

I would really appreciate that an Intel admin replies to my post.

0 Kudos
Shaft64
Novice

Hi,

I found this article from 2 days ago: https://game.intel.com/story/intel-arc-graphics-directx9/

I was of course very excited specially by looking at the youtube video inside this article: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omUTYlm2Al0

So I immediatly tried to install the latest version of the driver: 31.0.101.3959.

That you can find here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/729157/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver-beta.html

I didn't manage to install the driver at first. The computer froze for more than 30 minutes then reboot after crashing.

So I decided to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch and install this new driver and the result is... stunning.

In CSGO the FPS are drasticly higher and there is no more stuttering. The game is finally playable and enjoyable.

I still have some rare FPS drop (60/70 fps) in some spots (T spawn on Inferno while looking at the other 9 players, water on anubis when there is multiple ennemies) but it's playable.

I hope that the next versions of the driver will correct that and it will be perfect.

Thanks to the Intel engineers who work hard on this new version.

So the solution is : install the lastest version of the driver (version 3959 and later) which is fully compatible with DirectX 9 games.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Shaft64

We apologize for the delay in our response and we are glad to know you found a solution through the new driver release, since the thread is solved we will close it now.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel, however, if you run into any other issue feel free to open a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos