Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1640 Discussions

Can't wake monitor after going to sleep

Cygnus
Beginner

Hi I recently purchased an Intel Arc A770 and have been enjoying the experience so far, however there is one issue that bugs me and actually affects my workflow.  When my monitors go to sleep the graphics card is unable to wake up my monitor connected via HDMI, the power light on the monitor will switch from 'standby' to 'active' while my other two monitors flash as the windows are re-arranged.  Along with this the Intel Arc Control panel will pop up with notifications that something has changed and it will do this ad nauseum until I hold down the power button on the HDMI connected monitor to power it off and then power it back on, only then will things start working.

This has been an issue with the three different set of drivers that I've tested, is there any fix for this?

Thank you!

Software

OS Version: 21H2

OS Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Intel Arc Control: 1.61.4387.4

Driver Version: 31.0.101.4032

Hardware

Intel ARC A770 LE 16GB

Intel Core i7 8700k

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming (Re-Bar Enabled)

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 (X.M.P. Enabled)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for the information and details provided.

@DonGreer, we are working on this issue, and we will provide a solution as soon as possible. 

We still investigating the issue, please answer the questions below and let us know the results:

• Today we released a new graphics driver version 31.0.101.4091, as @VilleH recommended before, you can download it at the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-whql-windows.html

For installation steps (Method 2):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

You can find the steps on the link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

To install Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055840/graphics.html

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Cygnus
Beginner

Hello Andres,

Thank you for reaching out and for taking the time to respond to us all!  I tried to install the latest driver but sadly I'm still experiencing the same issue, the new Control interface is great however!  I did generate a report using the Intel Graphics Command Center, please let me know if you need anything else.

-Cygnus

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello Cygnus,

Thank you for your answer and for letting me know that the issue persists.

I will wait for @DonGreer and @Helloworld21 to attach the information requested before, if it is not attached in the next hours I will continue investigating the issue with the information that we have.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your time.

As per our investigation, we noticed this is a known issue and we are already working on it. As per driver's 31.0.101.4091 Release Notes: "System may hang while waking up from sleep. May need to power cycle the system for recovery"

You can visit the following link for further information:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/767293/ReleaseNotes_101.4091_WHQL.pdf

As will still working on it, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
blakenet
Beginner

is this planned to be fixed anytime soon ?
its been 3 months

0 Kudos
blakenet
Beginner

after a long time without having that problem, today, i had to reboot the computer 4 times to get a display.
The computer boots normally, even go to windows, (i got the boot song) it just wont display anything wathever wich display port i use or monitor i use. 

I dont know if its what changed something or if it just chance, the 4th time i flipped of the psu switch and its only after that i got a display. 

Its just EXTREMELY painful.

0 Kudos
DonGreer
Beginner
Uninstall intel and amd Nvidia drivers using CCleaner. Fresh install arc drivers .Hope this helps
0 Kudos
ARC770OWNER
Beginner

Hi there, just created an account on here to explain how I was able to fix this problem as I recently got an a770 and was forced to keep turning my PC off every time it went to sleep.

I downloaded the 'Chipset INF Utility' driver for my motherboard and it seems to have fixed it. I also had an unknown device in device manager and it cleared that as well. That driver gives windows INF files about hardware connected to the PC. Cheers guys, hope that helps someone. 

It was one of the chipset drivers anyway that fixed the problem for me as I downloaded a few, but I'm fairly sure it was the INF Utility one. 

Edit: My PC feels a lot smoother and snappy too. 

Edit 2: Yeah, fixed more issues than I thought. My stuttering/audio pops are fixed as well.  

0 Kudos
dawansch
Beginner

Had the same problem. Integrated Iris Graphic on 13gen Intel I7 with LG screen connected via TB.

Good news. It did disappear with 5194 and everything worked like a charm. Thnx

Bad news. Came back with 5333 and same old problem is here again.

Downgraded to 5194 as the issue is so annoying that I rather live on an old driver version.

0 Kudos
BeErikk
Beginner

I have the same problem in a brand new computer, details:

Graphics: Acer Predator Bifrost Intel Arc A770

Monitor: HP Z32 4K UHD

Processor: intel i9-14900K

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Pro X

Memory: Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 6000 64GB

Systemdisk: Samsung 990 pro 2TB M.2 SSD

Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer III 280

I estimate about 1 out 5 resumes from sleep fails in the intel graphics card. I can hear the Windows wakeup sound but the card will not give a signal to any output. I have a motherboard graphics output as well which I think takes its signal from the processor, but I have not been able to see a signal there either. I'm not familiar with the power options in the motherboard BIOS, but perhaps there is a solution among these settings. The failed wakeups show a brief booting screen before the monitor return to sleep indicating some sort of "deep sleep".

0 Kudos
BeErikk
Beginner

To add to the above:

I installed the latest driver including firmware in gfx_win_101.5382. 

After suspension, the computer resumed normally from sleep mode but the intel graphics didn't. Fortunately, I installed a second graphics card (AMD Radeon RX 460) which resumed normally. To get the Intel graphics to respond again, I need to restart the computer.

edit:

I made an Intel® System Support Utility report. 

0 Kudos