Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1966 ディスカッション

Cannot open DX11 or lower games after PC is on for too long (Unspecified time) Thread 2 Updates

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
6,517件の閲覧回数
0 件の賞賛
31 返答(返信)
QuirkyConor
ビギナー
4,348件の閲覧回数
Jean_Intel
従業員
4,308件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor

We are sorry to hear that you experienced the issue again. We will continue helping you with this problem.

Since you faced the issue again, we would like to further investigate this matter internally. For this, we want to gather the following:

• Create a DirectX* Diagnostic Tool report once you face the problem. Check the article How to Extract Information from the DirectX* Diagnostic Tool for more details.
  • For issue reproduction steps, please provide us with one affected game, and share with us the game version you are using.
  • We understand that this is an issue with an Unspecified time; however, could you share with us how long you estimate the system being on until you face the problem again?

Also, it is important to mention that driver 31.0.101.4369 just came out last week. When installing the driver, perform a clean driver installation. Doing a clean install for any hardware can help to fix specific issues that can be associated so any additional software that might be causing malfunction.

Best regards,

Jean O

Intel Customer Support Technician

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
4,281件の閲覧回数

attached

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
4,265件の閲覧回数

attached another

Jean_Intel
従業員
4,242件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thank you for the information provided. 

We will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O

Jean_Intel
従業員
4,223件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for your patience. We would like to check the following information to further investigate this matter:

• Can you provide us with an example of the games affected by this? We understand that you are experiencing issues with DX11 and lower games; however, for research and testing purposes, we would like to know which games we should take a look at.
  • You previously mentioned that you received different error messages. Can you share with us an example of the error message you receive?
  • Does this issue happen after resuming sleep mode?
  • If you roll back to 4314, is the issue no longer present?

Best regards,

Jean O.

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
4,218件の閲覧回数
  • Can you provide us with an example of the games affected by this? We understand that you are experiencing issues with DX11 and lower games; however, for research and testing purposes, we would like to know which games we should take a look at.
    games that have had the issue so far are

battlefield 2042 on dx11 mode
    valorant
    PGA tour 2k23
    overwatch 2

keep in mind, i only get the error when the dx11 and under drivers suddenly vanish
  • You previously mentioned that you received different error messages. Can you share with us an example of the error message you receive?

They all follow same format with a few words changed, ex, DX(insert version game runs on here) gpu required and maybe shaders mentioned, see image labelled intwel.png from first post in the thread
  • Does this issue happen after resuming sleep mode?

not sure, i do not put my PC to sleep, and auto sleep is disabled 
  • If you roll back to 4314, is the issue no longer present? 

it is present on all driver versions i used since december 2022 
Jean_Intel
従業員
4,192件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for the information provided.

We will resume our research in this matter and will post back as soon as we have further details.

Best regards,

Jean O.

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
4,122件の閲覧回数
Jean_Intel
従業員
4,117件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

We are currently investigating this matter. Unfortunately, there is no information we can share with you yet. Once we have more information, we will post back.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
従業員
4,060件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

We appreciate your patience.

We have been testing this scenario, and unfortunately, we haven't been able to replicate your issue. We took into consideration the following steps:

• The system must've been running for over a day. Check the Task Manager>CPU> Up Time to confirm if the system is being on for a while (over a day).
  • Try running any of the affected games. We tested using the Valorant Game.
  • Check if there is any error message when launching the game.
  • We tested drivers 31.0.101.4369 and 31.0.101.4091

Check the steps listed above, and let us know if there is anything else we are missing.

Also, while we were testing, there is a new BETA Driver available, version 31.0.101.4382. Please, try installing this new driver and share with us the outcome.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
従業員
3,980件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post? Is something missing in our replication steps?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
3,974件の閲覧回数
  • The system must've been running for over a day. Check the Task Manager>CPU> Up Time to confirm if the system is being on for a while (over a day). I have not gotten a specific timeframe, the latest time this occurred was yesterday and my pc had been on 3 days until i noticed by playing a game not on directx12, its random and I have not figured out what causes the sudden change, i have noticed that it can occur when i close an dx11 or lower application and then try to open it again right away
  • Try running any of the affected games. We tested using the Valorant Game. 
  • Check if there is any error message when launching the game. Did you verify if all dx versions still showed up?
  • We tested drivers 31.0.101.4369 and 31.0.101.4091

I don't know if maybe its hardware related but I highly doubt that, as for software directx has been completely uninstalled and reinstalled to ensure that directx was not the issue. I also installed my Rtx 2070 and during 2 weeks of using it the issue did not occur. This is why i lean towards an issue with the intel drivers.

pardon my late reply didnt realize you had replied

Jean_Intel
従業員
3,943件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for your reponse.

Before we further investigate this issue, we would like to confirm if you have been able to test our latest BETA version, 31.0.101.4382. We would like to confirm if the issue is still present with our latest Driver available.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel
従業員
3,898件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
3,895件の閲覧回数

I have updated my bios to the latest version and GPU driver to the beta version, ill report back in a few days if any issues occur,

This applies to my other thread as well

Jean_Intel
従業員
3,867件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

We understand that you need time to test your system. Thanks for letting us know and we will keep this thread open for a few days. Let us know if you face any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
3,698件の閲覧回数

Something interesting happened, All dx verions 11 and under disappeared, couldn't open any games using them, and without restarting the PC they appeared again

QuirkyConor
ビギナー
3,830件の閲覧回数

I found someone else on reddit with this specific issue, they should be adding onto this thread soon

Jean_Intel
従業員
3,812件の閲覧回数

Hello QuirkyConor,

Every person experiencing this problem is welcome to share their experience on this thread. The more information we have, the better. We would wait for the new user to join in and share their information.

If possible, share with us the Reddit conversation.

Let us know if you have been able to test your system.

Best regards,

Jean O.

返信